Moose Jr. Arrived today

kcconfq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to start off with the customer servise at CDI is amazing. I called inquiring about parts, core policy, and application. Parts and core policy was cover very clear and easy to understand, then I was handed over to a tech who took a good 15 minutes asking questions about my rig, use, and known history to decide on what parts to start with. The decision came to a Moose Jr. Pump now and injectors in a month or two. I never felt pressure to buy when I called (a few times) and it was smooth when I did make the purchase.

Unfortunately the pump came in too late today to start work on the truck which has been sitting in the shops lot for two weeks now. Tomorrow after work I'll roll her in and start the assembly. I've got new return lines, o-rings, and caps, a new fuel filter per directions, and the oil change was in the last 500 mi. Packaging was great, straight forward, and beautiful product....too bad the rest of the engine bay isn't like that!

On the pump is taped a bag with one ORing and a set pin... Not sure what those are for. I'll be calling CDI tomorrow for help on that.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
O-ring goes on the inlet fitting that you have to change over to the new pump.

Can't remember what the pin is for.

kcconfq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pin is for vrv/trans control if so equipped. Goes on throttle shaft.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Ahh.... I don't have one of those. Thanks! Just finished a engine R/R on an MX-5 today, I love the simplicity of our motors. And the MX-5 is an easy one by today's standard too.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not tryin to bust your bubble man, but i would purchase injectors before i installed the pump.

you know the age old saying, never enough time to do it right, but always enough time to do it twice!

i know all too well about wanting to get things done, but your injectors and pump go hand in hand!

at the very least, wait until friday, who knows santa may bring them!

congrats on a mighty fine IP

kcconfq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IDI, I agree. It would be best to do both at the same time, but the it's the matter of getting A DD back that's been down and trying to do so before I leave town and be able to leave it at my house and not the shops public parking lot. I know I won't get full potential from a new IP and old injector. Part of the convo with the tech at CDI was weighing if old injectors can hurt a new pump, and he said that its not something to worry about unless one or more injectors seize shut.

I'd rather do it once, but this case will be a two step process. Hell, I might get good at it by the time I'm done doing it:rotflmao

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The pin and o ring fit as already posted. Just a note about the red plug in the end of the pump. Please take that out and install the brass fitting with the new o ring before you install the pump. Long ago I left mine in the pump and installed it. No matter what pick or tool I used. I could not get that red plug out of the pump. So off came the pump and finally I could get a good purchase on the now ragged red plug. I even poked a tool thru the plug but it just would not come out. Maybe mine was a slightly too large plug to keep dirt out and fluids in but it was hell.

kcconfq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
theres this great new invention called INSTRUCTIONS!
i coulda swore the info was in there... :D

Wait that's what those funny looking marks on the paper are?? Surprisingly, I did read the instructions before asking and they do not say what they are for. I understand RTFM real well ;Sweet

Thanks all for the help and the laughs!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know, I have been saying for 8 years that I really should put a card in with that O-ring and pin. Some part of me just wants to believe that the knowledge of these things is a naturally occurring event. LOL It is awesome though that you guys cover for me and supply the answers. :thumbsup: I will work on getting that added to the shipping process. We do appreciate everyones support very much, and I hope you all have a happy Christmas and 2016!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thanks Mel. We help because we can. It amazes me how much I still learn from reading others answers here. Hope you and yours have a safe and Merry Christmas too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online