MLPS Connector Pin out on 1993 F250 E4OD

Tim McKay

Reaction score
This is on a 1993 F250 7.3 N/A 4WD 140,000 miles.
We have been fighting the OD flashing light. Time to try a new MLPS. Looking at it, it appears to be original. I see locking tab damage on the connector from a previous ham ****** jack leg that worked on it, so probably a good idea to change it anyway. The pins needed cleaning also.
I got a new Echlin brand from NAPA (because no one showed a Motorcraft available for a 93 MY). It has the new connector and grommets that must be changed out, since the original MLPS and connector is present.
Here is the problem: it did NOT come with a diagram for the connector pinout. It only came with "verbiage" directions stating "change the pin out as needed".... Duh. I don't know if any switch internals have been changed with this switch, and its apparently made for a 94+ MY, thus creating the potential for a pinout change for this 93 truck. In reading multiple forums and posts, it sounds like its possible I need to switch locations of a couple of wires... but its not clear. (Al Gore told me not to trust the internet anymore, it didn't turn out like he intended) Without the diagram, I am lost, and relegated to guessing if I just set up the pin out the same way, or change it (other MLPSs from NAPA did not have the diagram either). If I need to take it back to get the diagram I will. It has not been installed. If so, please advise a "tried and true" brand for longevity. If you have the Motorcraft part number, please advise, I don't mind paying the extra, and prefer it. No one here has been able to cross it.

FYI: We put another new TPS/FIPL on it yesterday. It worked excellent for maybe 30 miles, shifting beautifully, running excellent, good power, so I have confidence that the tranny is in good shape. The OD came on after 30 miles and it went back to Limp Mode. We are hoping that this MLPS is the missing link to fixing this permanently. Looking at the connector, pins, and condition of the original part, it seems possible.