Mini-resto: 1995 F-150

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cant see pictures. said it could not be found..

So i been busy doing some work on my dads 1995 F-150. He bought it new, and currently it has a tick under 240,000 miles. Hardly anything was touched on it since new except for a transmission, a few engine sensors, distributor, rear leaf springs/shackles/hangers, rear tank n fuel pump, water pump and alternator. Besides wear n tear items like brakes, shocks, wheel bearings, tune ups its hasnt seen much work. So now its needing a mini-restore.

Such items like coil towers, exhaust, oil pan, front tank/fuel pump, some engine gaskets, refresh the TTB and smaller items are needing major attention. First i decided to tackle the shock towers. Figure get the biggest PITA out of the way first.

So i started to remove the driver side TTB axle assembly. No pics, pretty straight forward. Took me about 3 hrs to remove by myself with just a jack, motorcycle jack n basic garage tools. Not to bad considering NOTHING has been torn down past the spindles. All i did to aid in removal was soak everything in Free-All penetrating oil the night before.
You must be registered for see images attach

Next i started with removing the driver side TTB coil tower. It was looking really bad, suprised it didnt let loose and cause an accident:

Grinded off the 6 rivets. Removed the tower and got this:

Wire wheeled the frame, applied paint for this:

Shots of coil tower:

New towers:

Tower bolt kit from Broncograveyard, cheap and i know it'll work:

Pile of rust from the tower:

Stay tuned for the next installment.
*edit* i dont know why the pics arent showing in the thread. image tags are in place :shrug:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin