manual econoline parts

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
Yep that's pretty much what it is, a GM P/S pump.

gonecrazy, if you seen a van with a Ford C2 pump like in trucks, it wasn't original. All Vans left the factory with Saginaw pumps.

I can't remember exactly witch year they went to the Ford C2 pump in the vans but it was mid-late 90's.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK a Van pump SAGINAW canned ham works only if you get the HI pressure line, along with that you will want the pump mounting bracket. That bracket only fits the saginaw pump and engine combo it comes from, so if you have a 302/351 van engine then you can only use that bracket accordingly. I got a Van pump and bracket for a 302/351 I don't have the HI pressure line.

The Cardone pump opticalillusion got is an alleged bolt in saginaw that was adapted to REPLACE the regular C2 pump or plastic can ford pump and has a fitting special to our regular for pumps. Thus this just bolts in in place of your C2, add a pulley and voila instant better pump with higher pressure and more volume.

I can and would purchase the cardone model. Ideally the best scenario would for me to get a hold of a diesel VAN serpentine power steering bracket so I can get my Bronco set up for Hydro boost along with Hydro assist steering.

So I am in need of a bracket or pump either would work, bracket preferred so if the pump fails I can get a direct replacement very easy here in Canada!

Hope this helps

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sometime a saginaw mounting bracket is supposed to work its way to PA:sly:sly

Actually that mount and the shaft length are what are critical, I suspect we can find a long shaft, I know the one in the van I use for work is a long shaft....I think that pump was originally for some AMC or something obscure like that.

With some very good pics and any numbers off it I can take it to my pump guy and maybe ID it and see if it's available and then we can add yer bracket!

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I need to go back and get the lines for the pump then. I may try putting it on this week.

Fordman75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey I'd be interested in the clutch/brake pedal assembly out of that 87 if no one else has all ready claimed it.:D Any idea what you'd want for it?

Fordman75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They'd probably want 20 bucks for it. Probably 40 plus shipping.

I'll take them. I don't have that age van right now but in the future I want to build a one ton cargo van with a manual transmission. It would be nice to have the clutch and brake pedal assembly. If you want to shoot me a PM we can work out the details.;Sweet

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ill shoot ya a pm tomorrow. Ill try to get over there and pull it tomorrow afternoon.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
i would just buy a new line, they are cheap and easy to get. i bought a sag set up for my g/fs 302 bronco from a friend a while back and even though its not going to work for us IDI guys im gunna compare just how different they are.

i cant locate that pump czyasain. i called up a few parts stores and they were like "uh"...

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
I always wanted to take an E550 and put a passanger back on it, or something like that anyways, make a super van. The E550's we just so cool.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll take them. I don't have that age van right now but in the future I want to build a one ton cargo van with a manual transmission. It would be nice to have the clutch and brake pedal assembly. If you want to shoot me a PM we can work out the details.;Sweet
If you change your mind for any reason, I'm interested in the pedal assembly...like you, I don't have a van now, but it might be useful in the future.

Again, only if you change your mind...

Fordman75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you change your mind for any reason, I'm interested in the pedal assembly...like you, I don't have a van now, but it might be useful in the future.

Again, only if you change your mind...

I've got a van but my current one is a 96. I've been watching for an older one ton. I love having a big cargo van but I hate automatics!!:D A One ton cargo van with a NP435 4spd would make me one happy camper!:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle