lower end knock-=probably solved

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
Dogcatcher Ron was good enough to pack up his clan and head down this way to help yank the motor out of that damn truck on Friday and now I think we have an answer.

We were hoping it was an easy "ah-ha", fix it and drop it back in, but alas. It seems that upon closer inspection cylinder 7(?)--pass. side rear--had wrist pin issues. That pin is darkened and discolored and the cylinder wall is scuffed. I can't really tell how bad because I couldn't get my hand up there (where's Heath when we need him?) and feel the cylinder wall, but I'm guessing it needs honed at the least, maybe re sleeved.

So at this point we have my spare motor in the truck, bolted to the trans and frame and the turbo back on. It's a matter of re connecting everything else and firing it up. I don't know if anything is going to happen to day, but Ron is the energizer bunny so it might.

If anyone has the desire to remote mount a psd turbo on their truck, I have an almost bolt on kit that will be available soon.

sootman73

Reaction score
i might be interested in the turbo setup!:thumbsup: i'm starting to make my truck into an on road only truck and then find something for off road later.:dunno

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I have some spare rods if you need a core. Judt let me know. Also Diesel Direct in Florida has or some time ago had several pallets of turbo rods. I bought a set for around $42.00 per rod... No core needed. Talk with Chris at 18008616907. They also had the big pin turbo hard top pistons for $550.00 a set.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Dunno bout you Barney, but I'm still feeling it today. I guess it was the upside down engine trans pushups me thinks.cookoo
We should have kept going and kicked the neighbors out and snuffed the bonfire...........NOT!!!!!

That wrist pin still has me baffled.

Sleeved cylinder, overheated wrist pin, scuffed cylinder wall, but the wrist pin wasnt siezed up.:dunno

Barney, thanks again for putting up the crew. They had a great time.

Kids made it almost to Angola before they gave up and crashed.;Sweet

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
May be that rear cylinder was getting hotter than the rest........did you see anything like that with the #8 cylinder?

Are you going back to a single turbo?

Heath

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do a search on Moose Pump. He posted a video a long time ago as my first customer. Racing a dodge and not loosing. ;Really

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
May be that rear cylinder was getting hotter than the rest........did you see anything like that with the #8 cylinder?

Are you going back to a single turbo?

Heath

The other rear cylinder looks the same as the reaming 6.
It had me completly baffled. The intake was cleaner than anything I had ever seen and would have felt comfortable eating off it.:dunno

The only thing I can think of was the oil squirter possibly being plugged for a brief time not allowing proper lubrication to the wrist pin. It was moving freely When we looked at it tho.

I think I posted somewhere, the drag race video of Darrin and Barney taking a run at it last fall as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert