Low mpg, little help

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ditto on what bear said, except ive never felt a gas motor truck "snap my neck" there turds usually :dunno

i would lean towards his set of injectors being tired, ready to be replaced

granted this is being said on a word of mouth basis, so i cant give you an accurate diagnosis, but i can tell you thats way to low

Pino2234

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even though you posted this thread about a year ago since I spent my time reading ever reply I'd figure I'd give you my 2 cents.

My buddy had a 7.3L PSD and noticed he was loosing fuel mileage. He used to get around 17 and now got 14. The injectors were dribbling and to fix that just put some marvel mystery oil in it every time you fill up to clear it up. I used to every 2nd or 3rd fill up normally but now because of the new low sulfur diesel, (it cleared his truck up by the way back to 17) it doesn't allow for enough lubrication for the truck and is actually not too good for it. So to fix the low sulfur problem just put marvel mystery oil in your tank every fill up or a diesel additive.

Just a little note my uncle actually dumps used motor oil in his tank in order to fix the low sulfur diesel and does the trick.

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even though you posted this thread about a year ago since I spent my time reading ever reply I'd figure I'd give you my 2 cents.

My buddy had a 7.3L PSD and noticed he was loosing fuel mileage. He used to get around 17 and now got 14. The injectors were dribbling and to fix that just put some marvel mystery oil in it every time you fill up to clear it up. I used to every 2nd or 3rd fill up normally but now because of the new low sulfur diesel, (it cleared his truck up by the way back to 17) it doesn't allow for enough lubrication for the truck and is actually not too good for it. So to fix the low sulfur problem just put marvel mystery oil in your tank every fill up or a diesel additive.

Just a little note my uncle actually dumps used motor oil in his tank in order to fix the low sulfur diesel and does the trick.

used motor oil has deposits and other potentiall harmful things that would do exactly the opposite of lubing your fuel system, used motor oil as fuel should be filtered to clean up the no oil bad stuff in it.