low budget cowl intake

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
i did this ahile back but just recently got a photobucket up and running so i got pics
You must be registered for see images attach

me and my father-in-law (hvac guy) decided to make my own intake with spare parts he had laying around its made a huge difference
You must be registered for see images attach

next i would like to replace that elbow with a smooth mandrel bent peice

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
A few more mpg's alittle more lowend grunt and a little sound diffrence its all alittle bit of change but ends up being pretty noticable

Bill-W

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been wanting to do this exact same thing, thanks for the pictures, looks like a clean setup.

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
Does it suck in water when raining??
To be honest I was very worried about that the hole I cut was about 2 to 2.5 inches from the bottom with the tube slighly angled upwards so most likely the bottom of the tube opening is about 3 to 3.5 inches from bottom.

I've driven in several downpours and let it sit overnight in rain and snow I've never had a hint of water in the air cleaner so id say I'm safe

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
And if you are worried about water in there, add a slash cut or turn down. I was looking at doing something like this but am going to probably go with a factory 6.0 inlet and add smooth pipe to get rid of the bellows.

SWS

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
On a different note, can you post a pic of your return line routing? It looks like you have it going directly to the cap on the #2 cyl.

SWS