Looking for a Banks Turbo Gasket, any suggestions?

smooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, my pre-sidewinder Banks turbo has an exhaust leak where the Y-pipe flange bolts to the Turbo. I haven't pulled it off yet, but I imagine I'm going to find a blown gasket. Any suggestions on where to find/make a replacement?

Thanks,

MoMo

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your are talking about the turbo to up-pipe mating surface, there likely isn't a gasket. I've not seen them on Banks turbo's before......... or any gasket in the hot side of their pluming. Got a photo of the area you're having trouble with?

Heath

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Its a socket style fitting. No gasket there.
Studs could have possibly worked loose. I've had to use an exhaust cement to get a complete seal for the crossover pipes as once they've been off, they just never seem to fit right afterwards.

smooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your are talking about the turbo to up-pipe mating surface, there likely isn't a gasket. I've not seen them on Banks turbo's before......... or any gasket in the hot side of their pluming. Got a photo of the area you're having trouble with?

Heath

The best I have is this:
You must be registered for see images attach

It's where the up-pipe flange bolts to the Turbo. I appreciate the help regarding the gasket, I'd been wasting a lot of time looking for it. I'll see about getting back there and seeing what the bolts look like. The good news is, I am confident the leak is there as I can actually see it as the truck is running (with the stupid banks airbox removed).

If anyone has any other thoughts about this issue, I'm all ears. But it seems like I'll just need to get back there and see if the studs have loosened up and/or just tighten it down.

Thanks,

MoMo

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if it is leaking at that square area, that is a common gasket, I think those are t4.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
it's a T3 not a T4. I'm working on one as we speak. this MLS gasket is avail at any turbo rebuilder shop. it ain't cheap though

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online