Looking at cowl induction hoods, and want opinions on this one please.

Gildo

Reaction score
http://www.e-bodyparts.com/On-LineStore/

Title and link pretty much say it all. But what I'd really like is a 4" cowl. :Sly I've been searching the web and found Cervins and a few others, and this one caught my eye, but I haven't found a 4" one yet. The truck is going to get a fresh coat of paint soon, along with a new leather interior, carpet and hood. It's going to be one good-looking farm truck. LOL

Thanks a bunch guys and gals,
Gil

imelmo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you looking at the Dominator hood for your truck? That's pretty nice looking. I like it better than that GT500 hood.

Gildo

Reaction score
Exactly, the Dominator. But I'd really like to have a 4" cowl instead of 3", but that may be wishful thinking on my part because I can't seem to find one.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy one from Bean at BDP because I trust him, he runs an honest, reputable business, but he hasn't started laying the fiberglass yet.

How about you imelmo, are you concidering one too?

Gil

mocetane

Reaction score
What kind of water protection do they offer? The 3" Dominator might be best.
I prefer steel. Suppose the glass will hold up though.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gildo said:
http://www.e-bodyparts.com/On-LineStore/

Title and link pretty much say it all. But what I'd really like is a 4" cowl. :Sly I've been searching the web and found Cervins and a few others, and this one caught my eye, but I haven't found a 4" one yet. The truck is going to get a fresh coat of paint soon, along with a new leather interior, carpet and hood. It's going to be one good-looking farm truck. LOL

Thanks a bunch guys and gals,
Gil

Gildo, we meet again! :draw

LOL

Just kidding. I have the dominator hood from US Bodysource (same outfit I believe) and like it alot. The sizing of the cowl is very appealing when viewed from the drivers seat.

Gildo

Reaction score
Agnem said:
Gildo, we meet again! :draw

LOL

Just kidding. I have the dominator hood from US Bodysource (same outfit I believe) and like it alot. The sizing of the cowl is very appealing when viewed from the drivers seat.

Mel, that my friend, made me laugh pretty hard. :rotflmao

How is the hood held up, prop rod or oem springs? I've gots to get me one. I love the look. One of my best friends has a 4" cowl on his Mustang, and when it's just sitting still idling, the heat coming out of the cowl is amazing! Therefore I imagine that there is a possibility of heat being evacuated from the cowl while driving down the road because the cowl won't function as an intake. That's just a thought, but I want one just because I like the look.

Gil

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gildo said:
Mel, that my friend, made me laugh pretty hard. :rotflmao

How is the hood held up, prop rod or oem springs? I've gots to get me one. I love the look. One of my best friends has a 4" cowl on his Mustang, and when it's just sitting still idling, the heat coming out of the cowl is amazing! Therefore I imagine that there is a possibility of heat being evacuated from the cowl while driving down the road because the cowl won't function as an intake. That's just a thought, but I want one just because I like the look.

Gil

It's held up with the factory hinges and springs, and it's very rigid just like the steel OEM. It's actually two hoods - an inside and an outside, that are glassed together so it's very strong. The cowl part actually comes closed up, so if you want it open, you will have to use a saw to open it up, but that would not be a big deal. I had to do a little cutting on mine, so that my wiper arm would clear it better. I used a dremel tool with a cut off blade in it, and it worked just fine. Since I didn't cut my cowl out, I'm actually thinking of using that surface for more gauges and indicator lights. :joker: