Long time no see, my truck's a wreck..

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well im sure some of you guys remember my build, my how to polish a **** back yard resto. Well sadly earlier this year around the end of march i was hit head on by a drunk driver. Wiped out the front end and tweeked the frame. I could never sell or let it go, i have to restore it. I love my F-250, my girlfreind loves my truck and it means alot to us as a couple and me personally. So im plotting its return, gonna completly restore it, this time no rush jobs, i wanna do it the justice like it deserves.. My girl says throw it all in, a no budget show peice. I probly wont be starting till next year on it, just touching base. Letting yall know im still here trolling, plotting my rebuild..

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
Wow, tough break! Sorry to hear. Hope no one was injured

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No thankfully me and my girl came out unscaved, my truck took all the hit for us.. As for the drunk, it was actually a hit and run, so i hope he was lots of pain afterwards..

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats what i meant by the ol girl..your truck lol

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
******** that drink and drive. Then hit and run are worthy of some lead poisoning. Sure glad your rig saved you guys but would really like to "locate" the bum who hit and ran on you. What was the fool driving that they got away or was the run on foot. Even if someone tried to run on foot from me the could not get away.. This I know...:D

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
******** that drink and drive. Then hit and run are worthy of some lead poisoning. Sure glad your rig saved you guys but would really like to "locate" the bum who hit and ran on you. What was the fool driving that they got away or was the run on foot. Even if someone tried to run on foot from me the could not get away.. This I know...:D

He was in a dodge van, idk how he managed to drive off.. But the cops did catch up to him later on.

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you made it out alright, but real sorry to hear about the truck... But maybe you can build something even better now... :sly
Sometimes it seems like there are "serial drunks" who somehow manage to get charged way too many times and still keep their licence. Seems the system is failing in many areas.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Time to shoot all drunk drivers that crach cars and leave them to rot on the sides of the roads. Let the flys do what they do better than anything else on this planet.

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
or when they get caught, make them pick stones out of farmer's fields on hot sunny days... that's real nice for a hangover, or so I'm told...

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i finally drug it outa the weeds today. Plan to the the engine and tranny in the garage for a winter rebuild and start on the frame in the spring, still looking for a really good frame..

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too bad yer so far away, I'd give you my 91 F350 frame!

Bottom line glad you and yer special woman are golden still...that's what matters..

Trucks come and go...and so do drunks..but lives are what matters.

Good luck and have fun with the build, however we EXPECT nothing less than tons of pics and full disclosure!

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow the years fly by, I've been back working on the truck. I'll have to start posting again.. Had the frame pulled and repaired by a local body shop, it was just a minor tweek didn't take him long to fix. Had it all ready to drive again when mother nature decided a tree should fall in my driveway early last winter wich wiped the cab rite out... Now it has been stripped to the bare frame, blasted and painted.. Going to start reassembling it this weekend but I'm still looking for a cab that's affordable and good.. Also looking for a Dana 60 swap or even a Dana 50, tired of replacing wheel bearings all the time.. Plus I've broke 3 axles in this pos dana 44. I'll post some pics soon.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Glad you are still working on the rig and VERY happy to know it was saved. Keep at it and please post pics. We live thru pics posted here.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
I'll be doing something similar to my standard cab F150 (Bruiser in sig). Similar story as well with the truck being important to myself and my fiance as a couple. Minus the wreck and drunk driver. Frame was heated multiple times by the 12 PO's and is rotten and full of holes. Hope to drop it in jack stands one day and mimic the frame with full boxed rectangle tube.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online

No members online now.