Lifting truck need some help

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally getting around to putting the 6" lift on the F350. I am trying to figure out the sway bar. So far I haven't found end links specifically for a 94 F350 and 2 of the places I checked with said its not recommended to put longer end links on an F350. So to those with a 6" lift on an OBS F350 what did you do with your sway bar?

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
Mine are modded. I took my solid link, cut it in half. welded in solid rod with sleeves over the cut points and extended them. measure the angle stock, maintain the angle when lifting. I drove my truck after i lifted it without front and rear sway bars. I HATED IT. I left the rear off. Remember its ok to have a front bar with no rear but not vice versa. It'll make the truck unstable at higher speed cornering.

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know why it's not recommended to put the extended links on? Doesn't make since to me. Every other truck I have lifted has had end links in the kit. It also is weird that they say the F250 needs end links and none of my F250's even had sway bars on them. just trying to wrap my head around the reasoning here.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
a bunch of extended links i've seen have a hollow tube down the center. the stock links are pretty beefy, with solid rod welded inbetween it makes them work well. like i said, i drove my truck before without a front bar (and when it was stock it had front and rear) and i couldn't deal with the sway around corners. i added the stock front bar with custom links and its still like that. like i said before, you can run a front bar and no rear, but don't use a rear bar and no front. it'll make the truck squirrely.

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine doesn't have the rear sway bar just the front. Been looking at some lifted trucks and talking to a few people and I guess I will just have to find someone to make mine longer. How do I go about figuring how much to add to them?

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
I kept the bar at the same angle as stock, then extended the bars to keep the same angle. it was actually a little less than advertized lift.

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you cut the bars and weld them up while still on the truck? Being that I don't have a welder or know how to weld I am going to have to mock them up and then take them somewhere to get welded. Just trying to figure out the easiest way to accurately do this. I guess part of the price I pay when trying to do things cheap. Thanks for the help guys. Gonna start on it today and hopefully by the end of tomorrow I'll have it done. Then I got to get her started. She has been on blocks since April.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726