lift kit help

Nicp

WAR PIG
Reaction score
i have a 88 f250 7.3 c6 ext cab 4x4 my front springs it bump stops and i wanted to lift my truck anyways i was thinking 2 to 3 inch body but what can i do about front springs do they have add a leaf for front? and i was going to add a 4 inch on top of that well thanks guys let me know your input

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can't lift the suspension over 2 inches without a lift kit that has drop down brackets. It won't come back into alignment at the shop if you go over 2 inches with just springs.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
A 2-2.5 inch add a leaf will help correct camber and the truck may actually ride better because you won't be slamming the bumpstops anymore. I got a cheap one from JC Whitney and it wound up being a Tuff Country unit. A heavy winch, snowplow or front bumper and a good alignment shop will be able to get things in spec. (My shop said it was only close but I had no tire wear issues and they we're straight to look at.) Add a Leaf cost under $100 shipped, 5 years ago. When I sold my f250, I took the leaf out and put it under the Logger(see signature, avatar).:sly

A jack, jackstands, and 1/2" drive tools will get the job done. Shop air is a bonus. I would cut about 3" off each end of the add a leaf if you get the ones that are as long as your whole leaf pack. Chop saw and grind the ends smooth. Stock shocks work with this setup. Anything more than this 2-2.5" lift require a whole system that lowers the center pivots in the TTB system. My brother has two f250 plow trucks, an 86 6.9 and a 95 PSD, he chose to get new leaf packs from a shop that builds leaves for just about everything. He was happy with that also. About an inch lift and heavier spring rate for heavy plows. Good luck.:thumbsup: