Lets see your turbo air filters

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
ok this thing is cheesing me off. It proving to be extremely difficult to refit the plate back into its housing..any tricks you guys use? I already bent it and hammered it back into shape triyng to get it in. now i gotta get it back out becuase the holes arent aligned!

I haven't had to take mine apart yet.

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had mine apart a few times. never has been an issue getting it back together....

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just ordered this
You must be registered for see images attach

so i can move the filter housing to wherever i please to give me easy acess to things!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just ordered this
You must be registered for see images attach

so i can move the filter housing to wherever i please to give me easy acess to things!

What is it and where did you get it please?? I could almost see that as a semi permanent option for charge piping for an intercooler. Granted, you corrogations arent' the best for flow but hey, it would be easy to route.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if it is a dump hose, it should handle LOTS OF PRESSURE! lol

USNENFTS

U.S. Navy Engineman
Reaction score
Does water get into the cowl intake set-up? I have been considering that but... It rains almost 300 out of 365 days here :rotflmao

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does water get into the cowl intake set-up? I have been considering that but... It rains almost 300 out of 365 days here :rotflmao

Most users haven't had problems with water in the intake at all from what I've seen. Just have to make sure the cowl drains are working well. Quick test by running a water hose into the cowl and seeing if it drains fast or not.

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score

I have been running my cowl intake for four years and never had an issue with rain or snow.

USNENFTS

U.S. Navy Engineman
Reaction score
I am thinking about giving it a try... haha, it rains a lot here.... It's raining right now, as usual :rotflmao this turbo install is gonna suck :cry: never gonna be warm or not raining. I need to build a shop!

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On mine I did drill a 1/4" hole right in the bottom of the filter housing (lowest point obviously). Just in case something would get in. I doubt it would ever happen tho.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online