lets see those sweet IDI's

benton

Country boy
Reaction score
Well, it's been awhile since I posted a photo of mine. It's an old photo, but it looks the same. It sits a lot now that I have a company truck, but I washed it up and drove it last weekend- even got a compliment on it at Lowes :sly

I need to find a decent cover for it before the summer sun hits here in Nevada.

very nice truck. it was in diesel power a few issues back if im not mistakin right?

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
very nice truck. it was in diesel power a few issues back if im not mistakin right?

Sure was. November 2008 was my 15 minutes of fame...

Thanks for the compliments. I try to keep it clean and operational. As I said, it sits a lot now, which kills me. I wish it would fit in the garage at this house I'm renting, but for now it's outside. I'm going to buy a nice cover for it before it gets too hot here and hope for the best. When we buy a house this summer/fall, I'll be sure to buy a place with a garage deep enough for a fullsize truck!

Ryan

benton

Country boy
Reaction score
This is my brown truck, which started out as a $1000 truck with 84k miles. Took me about a year to convert it from 2wd to 4wd and then another year to pull the engine and build it into what it is today. Even though today it is sitting in the same spot its been for almost a year since it blew up for the 3rd time.

You must be registered for see images attach

Here's my moms crew cab.

Only one other deserves a picture to be shown of it, the rest are just beater work trucks and don't look very good. But I don't happen to have a good pic of my brothers truck.

i was looking back in one of my older diesel powers a pic of your brown truck was in the history of the idi artical :thumbsup:

Petri317

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got mine. Pretty clean for its age. I LOVE the 5 speed.:love:

Attachments

• New Truck 1-29-11 001small.jpg
    New Truck 1-29-11 001small.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 16
  • New Truck 1-29-11 002small.jpg
    New Truck 1-29-11 002small.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 5
  • New Truck 1-29-11 003small.jpg
    New Truck 1-29-11 003small.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 34
  • New Truck 1-29-11 004small.jpg
    New Truck 1-29-11 004small.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 6

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish my first 250 had been IDI, not 302. Probably would have killed it with stupidity, but think it would have worked significantly better than the ol' 5.0 did.

Good looking BrickNose.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish my first 250 had been IDI, not 302. Probably would have killed it with stupidity, but think it would have worked significantly better than the ol' 5.0 did.

Good looking BrickNose. Mine was the literal twin to that truck, just had a two tone paint scheme, called 'im Reeses...

Flagship

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So here's my IDI. Bought it 4 years ago, to move from the East coast to Montana. Truck was in pretty poor shape although the engine and tranny were good. Spent a bunch on it mechanically. Didn't do much appearance wise on purpose. Cops don't like to deal with the average U-Haul driver <grin>. I loaded 8015 lbs in it for the trip. Got 13 MPG! Absolutely no trouble.

You must be registered for see images

Tina

Reaction score
top picture is how I got it. Bottom picture is what I have currently done with it. Still much work needed. Just need the time

Attachments

• My truck.jpg
    My truck.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 268
  • 1005001236a.jpg
    1005001236a.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 77