lets see those sweet IDI's

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you need anything proformance pm type4 or mel (someone spell his username)
they do a lot of fuel system stuff
both sell injectors and pumps
mels pumps have more proformance and so do the moose misters
but type 4 has the cam and will pop test injectors to youre specs
so ... ask them more this is about what i rembember

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you need anything proformance pm type4 or mel (someone spell his username)
they do a lot of fuel system stuff
both sell injectors and pumps
mels pumps have more proformance and so do the moose misters
but type 4 has the cam and will pop test injectors to youre specs
so ... ask them more this is about what i rembember

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Agnem. That's is mel's username. He builds a Moose Pump that will over fuel the space shuttle during liftoff!!!

Russ is the creator (I believe) of the IDI torquer cam.

Both Russ and Mel sell damn good injectors that are pressure matched. Mell sells the Moose mister injectors (DAMN BIG INJECTORS WITH A SWEET SPRAY PATTERN).

Either one are great to deal with, althougl mel is hosting the IDI rally this year and is extremely busy....might be a little hard to get in touch with, but have patients.

benton

Country boy
Reaction score
thanks for your help. and i dont plan on bugging them right away i dont have the funds saved up yet i just wanted to find out if there were any other mods other then the turbo intercooler and cranking the fuel pump up........and now i know :)

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
thanks for your help. and i dont plan on bugging them right away i dont have the funds saved up yet i just wanted to find out if there were any other mods other then the turbo intercooler and cranking the fuel pump up

If you plan on the turbo, intercooler and a bit more fuel I HIGHLY suggest you invest in a good pyrometer and a boost gauge. You NEED to know what those exhaust temperatures and boost numbers are.

ALSO, it is also said that head studs are a GOOD idea to have with anything over 10 - 14 PSI of boost.

I can't wait to get started on my engine!

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
thanks for your help. and i dont plan on bugging them right away i dont have the funds saved up yet i just wanted to find out if there were any other mods other then the turbo intercooler and cranking the fuel pump up

If you want to cheaply get more power, then get a pyrometer, cut the soup bowl out of the air cleaner, make a ram air intake, get a good exhuast system made for it i would get dualls atleast 2.5 inch duals, with flowmaster mufflers, turn the pump up some and you should get a few more ponies

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flareside, Im not sure what im going to do with the 4sp. What are you planning on doing with one.?

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
If you plan on the turbo, intercooler and a bit more fuel I HIGHLY suggest you invest in a good pyrometer and a boost gauge. You NEED to know what those exhaust temperatures and boost numbers are.

ALSO, it is also said that head studs are a GOOD idea to have with anything over 10 - 14 PSI of boost.

I can't wait to get started on my engine!

6.9 reckomend studs anything over 10-12
7.3 reckomend studs anything over 13-15

I have seen engines blow gaskets at 10psi but i have also seen them hold 20+ personal expeirence, BUT anytime you pass the safe limit without studs you risk blowing a gasket

benton

Country boy
Reaction score
ive done the soup bowl and turned the pump up a flat or 2 but the small things really arnt doin anything for me i want to really mod my idi every body else does cummins,duracrap, and powerstroke i want to be differnt and try making big power with my idi

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
But what the heck, heres my IDI camper

You must be registered for see images attach

And my F250. Sure doesn't look like that anymore LOL

Last edited:

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
Here's mine at the narrows last weekend.

Beartooth pass in July. @ 10K feet the old IDI was a little huffy puffy climbing over the summit! LOL