left the idi world awile ago now rocking a 96 f250 psd

Hardass559

89 7.3 banks turbo
Reaction score
some days truck runs good then **** not so good then I was pulling my trailer up a hill a week ago and the sound just changed I thought I may have lifted a head but not loose of coolant a week later still ******* along im thinking a sticky ipr any suggestions ? it is tuned with a ts 6 position chip outher than that its stock 234,000 miles

on my trailer at the time was a 93 350 drw with a 7.3 idi in it so 12,000 hooked to me

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check the ICP, if it has oil coming out of it around the wires, it needs changed. YOU can unplug it and drive a short ways, if it boosts the power, then thats it.

Hardass559

89 7.3 banks turbo
Reaction score
yes scaned yes bad icp icp don't throw a code for being bad I swaped it in to my 99 that runs fine with it in it the one from the 99 was bad truck would'nt even start its un pluged now 2 years ago previous owner had it die in the wallmart parking lot changed crank sensor nothing worked to get it started so we towed it back to his house where he tore the ipr apart never changed it just took the out side off he then got pissed to I towed it again fished out the parts he droped put it back to geather and its run ever since . so im gonna change the ipr and put the leaky icp back in for the time being is there a good ipr id just buy oem enless theres something better

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll have to look when ever I can get down to my shop. Bought a IPR or a ICP way back in 09, can't remember which, it's behind the rear seat in the 99, now I think it's for a 94 to 98. I let ya know, sell it cheap.

Hardass559

89 7.3 banks turbo
Reaction score
well new icp in ebp tube was plugged I hooked a air line to it and pumped combustion chamber cleaner thru it will see if it helped next time I fill it last time I got 12 mpg lol

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
15 mpg isn't that bad if it's got an automatic and 4.10 gearing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online