Leaving For Sask. Canada

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well... Its settled. We leave for Canada Sun nite around 10 pm. First stop is Salt Lake City around 12 hours later. Then its on the road around Monday 5 am and stop to pick up another horse in Idaho and finally stop in Bozeman 9 hours later. Then around 5 am its on the road again and we feel Regina will take another 12 hours or so... I know everyone is watching how my truck will run with the 8 speed BTS and all the upgrades I have done but.... I'm not driving my rig. I will be in a cup holding 2002 or 3 7.3 crewcab 4x4 dually...-cuss . It was not my decision but "others" going with me.. The first draft was to me driving a 6.0 4x4 dually crewcab hauling an fully loaded 8 horse trailer but its lost a motor and now sits in Grants New Mexico. I tried to tell the owner the motor was crap but the lady wont listen. She had problems in Reno. Lots of white smoke and no power. Had it "repaired there" but got stopped twice driving home to So. Cali. because of so much white smoke on the freeway. Had it "fixed again" at home and this time they told her "the other guys didn't really fix it but its fixed right this time"......cookoo :dunno Then she craps out in NM cause she lost power to everything, no brakes or power steering and lots of white smoke.. Dealership told her the block is cracked but at this point I have no idea.. I tried to tell her the 6.0 motor was problematic but she leased it anyway. Her parents drive the same type rig and have had no problems towing their 40 5th wheel. The wife really tried to tell me the NM trip would prove it would make it to Canada and back and I should just "wait and see how it went before I made up my mind"..... Its time for this lady to buy a Freightliner Sportschassie and just be done with it..... The lawyers are handling it now...

NCheek

Howdy
Reaction score
It's a crying shame that nobody beeves in a truck that is more than a couple years old. You will get your chance one day, and you will show them that the old school muscle can outrun and outlast the computerized fellas...

Last edited:

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck with your trip. When the 03 6.0 engines first came out the City or Reno ordered a bunch of then. Great power from the git but shortly after being put into service they started having problems with white smoke. We started taking them to Worst Joke Ford, (Jones West Ford) and they kept tinkering with the programming with each visit that each truck made under warranty. Eventually a few engines were switched out. 2004 had less issues.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gary-
you'll like the interior of that truck. they're plush.
It'd be interesting to hear your feedback on the powerband of the choker. I drive mime like a Detroit:D With your driving style, it's going to be a real test of your patience:eek: BTW...Consider yourself blessed, my company 6.0 ride is once again back in the shop this week due to the turbo committing suicide. They're prolly pulling the bed off the chassis when the warranty runs out. they got 5k mi left to make a decision.

SASKR

Reaction score
Good morning gentlemen. Is there any way of getting a hold of "icanfixall" while away?. Does he check e-mail while on the road? The reason I ask is I tried getting in touch with him last year @ the Royal Red but missed him. It seems he comes to the event here in Regina every year. It would be awesome to cross paths with a fellow Oilburner all the way from sunny California. Till later, Rick

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good morning gentlemen. Is there any way of getting a hold of "icanfixall" while away?. Does he check e-mail while on the road? The reason I ask is I tried getting in touch with him last year @ the Royal Red but missed him. It seems he comes to the event here in Regina every year. It would be awesome to cross paths with a fellow Oilburner all the way from sunny California. Till later, Rick
rick-
check your PM's.
he's looking foward to hearing from you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online