Knocking sound

Gr8ride

Reaction score
Howdy,

Three weeks ago I started the truck and it was making a knocking sound:eek: It's a Jasper rebuilt engine with about 6000 miles on it. The sound is clearly coming from the passenger bank and is only really noticeable on a cold start. Once the engine warms up to 130 degrees and the high idle and timing advance shuts off the noise all but goes away. If you apply power to the high idle and advance solenoids the sound will not come back. With all that being said I thought it was a weak injector, so I let a mechanic listen to it and he said 100% without a doubt it's an injector. He said to run some sea foam through it and that would fix it, I did that and no difference. I did an injector cancellation test the resulst follow

Cylinder # 1 sound gets worse
Cylinder # 3 no change
Cylinder # 5 no change
Cylinder # 7 sound almost goes away

I got tired of hearing it so I put a new set of injectors in and guess what the knocking is still there:mad:
The oil pressure is good (60 psi cold 10 psi warm idle) so what gives -cuss

While I was replacing the injectors I noticed that the passenger bank injectors where oily up to the threads while the driver’s bank was completely dry and some where rusting, is there anything to be concerned with there?

HELP!!:frustrate

dsblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like #1 and #7 are not sealing. Did you change the copper washer? They should be dry, I would pull those 2 again, and clean out the bore. look close at the gasket, maybe you can see where the issue is?