Knock Knock

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nice loking pics of the painted engine. Sad to see a ruined exhaust manifold like that. Hope it runs as good as it looks too.. I thought that crank spacer was only to be used on the auto trans flexplates. I guess if it works with that standard trans flywheel its all good.

Kalashnikov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled the spacer off before I put the flywheel on. The truck I got the engine out of was an auto. I was uncertain if there was another smaller spacer for the manual at the time but it all bolted up fine.

I was hoping to get the radiator and radiator support in today but the support was rotted worse than I thought. I cut some 3/16 angle iron to fix the mounts but I didn't get much farther. Eventually I think I will cut the lower support brace off the diesel support and weld it onto a gasser support. For now Im just going to fix the one I have. I aslo have a rust free passenger fender that I'll chnage when I do the support the next time. My crossover pipe is pretty ****** too. I'd like to either make one myself or have a stainless one made. I was hoping to get all the pipes painted and wrapped but I need the truck back so it's gonna have to wait.

I have some goodies waiting to be put on the truck once it is back together. I bought 2 sets of 7" LED light bars to mount on my backrack and my bumper. They are BRIGHT! I was using one set on my 89 when I still had it. I also have some "new" seats to put in. I can't decide if I want to do captains chairs front and rear, or captains up front and a 40/20/40 rear. I have center consoles but I think I'm just going to make one (eventually). Was hoping *again* to get sound deadening in before I put it back together but that's not gonna happen. In the near future I want to build a decently hefty front bumper and eventually rear bumper. I want recovery points since I'm always having to move various things around the yard or pulling trucks around.

You must be registered for see images attach

Hard to see the lights but here they are on my 89.

Headlights

LEDs

Last edited:

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
What brand are the LEDs?
I've heard the rigids(?) are great. I've been looking at some that northern tool sells.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thanks for the crank spacer explanation. Don't throw away that spacer either. They are a required item on any auto thin stamped flexplate. They are not needed on the heavy cast iron auto flexplates. Nobody makes these spacers any longer too. I know of only one private shop that has them made custom for them. Thats Brians Truck Shop. Ford and International wont be any help. I went that way years ago.

Kalashnikov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What brand are the LEDs?
I've heard the rigids(?) are great. I've been looking at some that northern tool sells.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought these off Ebay. They were $200 for a set of 4. I had experience with Rigids and these are like the same quality. I am very happy with them so far.

Thanks for the crank spacer explanation. Don't throw away that spacer either. They are a required item on any auto thin stamped flexplate. They are not needed on the heavy cast iron auto flexplates. Nobody makes these spacers any longer too. I know of only one private shop that has them made custom for them. Thats Brians Truck Shop. Ford and International wont be any help. I went that way years ago.

I'm always buying trucks so I was planning on saving it incase I ever need it. I try and save as many parts as possible since I always find myself needing them later down the road.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online