Kinda truck related

haligen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been workin on my painting skills, hopefully will get to the truck by summers end. This is actually the second attempt. My first one had major orange peel. But alas nothing a sand and reshoot couldnt fix. Its single stage urethane and for some reason my HVLP gun will not spray it without orange peel. I wasted almost a quart of paint changing settings and spraying an old trailer. Then reduced it some more, and more, and more lol still orange peel. Changed to my old trusty suction gun and flat she laid. :dunno

You must be registered for see images

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
if your getting orange peal with hvlp then your putting out to much psi at the tip hvlp high volume low pressure need to have the gun regulated down to 20 psi at the gun and if you have a digital gun 10 psi at the tip. but that pic right there looks great so i think if you get that orange peal down and your golden

haligen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried just about every setting from 10psi to 60psi. I read some reviews for my gun on the sears site and they were not to great. Alot off people said they had to run 50psi or better to get the gun to run right. I tried to spray it at first with just the paint and activator. Then someone said the mix might be to thick. Sooo i started reducing, spraying, reducing, and so on. Everytime it wouldnt lay out.