Keeping the Pupscilces Warm in the bed

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
For safty use copper to get the end of the rubber hoses out of the truck bed.problem solved-I had a heater in my truck bed for my dogs years ago in MA. they were broken hearted if I left without them.I even took them out snow plowing-but they rode in the cab then,1 with me and one with one of my drivers-hard to plow with 2 large german shepards laying on your lap. Use as large a heater hose to get better flow as possible. I used a heater out of an old 40s chevy with a 12 volt motor installed in it.

NCheek

Howdy
Reaction score
Just get a heater core and a fan, rig it up in a box and your good to go. And don't you already have heater hoses back there for your fuel tank heater?

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or do it the simplest way of all and get a old gas heater out of a VW bus and make a fuel tank for under the bed. I used to use on in my old camper shell for years to keep it warm in the winter when I was camping.

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
Zerostart makes those cab type heaters that use coolant like in the buses if your looking at one new. They are not cheap though. I would check the local junk yards for buses as the others had mentioned. I figure one of those should keep it pretty toasty back there for the pups!

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
You could run a box into the bed and run your exhaust through the box. Making sure the exhaust box is leak proof of course. The exhaust would provide plenty of heat and would not be as complicated or messy as a radiator. It already runs under the bed anyway just make a diversion pipe. You could even cover the entire floor with a steel box and run the exhaust through it. I dont know if you would even need an outlet just an inlet would let enough of the heat rise to the box and just put a blanket or rug on top of it. The dogs would be subject to leaks in the case of a radiator and we all know antifreeze is not good for animals.

wwwabbit

Mmmmm Diesel
Reaction score
The first gen. Mazda MPV's with the rear heater under the drivers seat is quite small and compact. There is enough of them in the wreckers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online