Just bought a 86 6.2 almost didn't get home

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
Got new injection pump and injectors installed now plumbing in new lift pump and turbo manifold does a 6.5 down pipe work for these trucks? looks like its going to be a tight fit in there

Making the 6.5 turbo set up is tricky. Do you have factory A/C and want to keep it? That's a whooooole new ball game there. It's not fun. Otherwise, you have two options with the 6.5 downpipe: One, is to tuck it inside the frame rail and dent the crap out of it to make it fit. The other option is to run it outside the frame rail and underneath it, and then wrap it back up inside the frame.

spencergt66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No A/C but thats what I was looking at going outside the frame then back up under theres tons of room in the truck but at the same time there isn't

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
No A/C but thats what I was looking at going outside the frame then back up under theres tons of room in the truck but at the same time there isn't

That's what I ended up doing with mine. Straight 3 inch all the way back, no muffler. Sounds good. Nice rumble, not obnoxiously loud at all.

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
Not at the moment, no. I'm on a training assignment until sometime in April. I can get them then... I think towcat has the same style set up on one of his diesel suburbans though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online