Jesus Freak's WMO tow truck

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot about this until just now when I saw it sitting by the TV. But if you buy stuff from the place that I got my seals, I guess they'll send you a little China toy truck. I guess that makes $20 worth of O rings worth $300......at least I feel better. Here's a picture of my $280 toy truck hauling KITT in super pursuit mode.

Attachments

• IMG_20240420_162211.jpg
    IMG_20240420_162211.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20240420_162257.jpg
    IMG_20240420_162257.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 8

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just read your whole thread. There's no words to describe my jealousy. I've been looking for an affordable IDI tow truck. I have a car trailer and a dolly but once the trailer is behind a crew cab long bed, I can only tow cars that are in a giant space

Love watching this project

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just read your whole thread. There's no words to describe my jealousy. I've been looking for an affordable IDI tow truck. I have a car trailer and a dolly but once the trailer is behind a crew cab long bed, I can only tow cars that are in a giant space

Love watching this project
Im always open for an offer. Even though the wheel lift is back together, I gotta get a starter and then I can fire it up and get it back going. It'll be a week or so.

94f350

Reaction score
Well here it is. I'm going to discribe my fuel set up and as time and life progresses I'll share more, if y'all have any comments or questions bring em on. So back in March I got this thing, '87, 6.9, ZF5, 4:10(supposed to be, it was really cruising different than my dually on the test run) and it's got a Century 502 tow body with a wheel lift.
I've gone over the whole fueling system, except the IP. The tanks have been cleaned out, created new lines in the tank (see thread "my answer to shower heads") and I redid the lines from the tanks to the engine, which is what I am going to break down on this post.

The left tank is for "clean diesel" the right tank is plastic and for WMO. Return lines go to the WMO tank so I can have clean diesel on demand. The diesel tank is plumbed into the cab(yep, into the cab) with 5/16 line, the WMO is plumbed into the right tool box with 3/8 line to a fuel filter and then into the cab(sure nuff, the cab) the two lines meet at a manual 3way valve mounted to the front of my homemade center console from which they unite and travel in 3/8 line next to my shifter through a glass fuel filter that works as a sight glass and then on through the firewall to where the water separator used to be.

The theory is that, during the winter specifically, that before I shut it off I can switch to diesel for a moment and back to oil before I completely turn it off, so there's a little more diesel than oil in the IP and fuel filter for a easy start on less than 45F days. It probably sounds complex to the uninitiated but it really isn't.
I hope you don't smoke cigarettes

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope you don't smoke cigarettes
I haven't smoked cigarettes or pot since I met Jesus about 17yrs ago.

And really it would have to be a cigarette loaded with dinamite to ignite diesel fuel, much less the oil I run.

Just in case a lawyer is reading this: DO NOT USE DINAMITE NEAR DIESEL FUEL OR JESUS FREAK'S USED OIL COLLECTION. Serious injury or death may occur.

Always remember what Smokey the Diesel says, "only you can prevent yourself from blowing up by mishandling dinamite..."

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Just in case a lawyer is reading this: DO NOT USE DINAMITE NEAR DIESEL FUEL OR JESUS FREAK'S USED OIL COLLECTION. Serious injury or death may occur.

Always remember what Smokey the Diesel says, "only you can prevent yourself from blowing up by mishandling dinamite..."
True, but if you're like Dead Pool, you still won't die.