It's alive!

osus86diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well.... Got the engine swapped out and it runs pretty nice. just working on getting the glow plugs wired in so i don't have to pop the hood on campus to ether it.... people just look at you kind of funny.

since this is a low budget operation we are looking at puttin the glow plugs on a push button... any tips on wiring that would be helpful...

I am going to look around here and see what i could find, but if anyone has info, it would b helpful!

Thanks for all your input through my project!

osus86diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, dad put the project on hold before Christmas because he wanted to make sure I could get around to see family while he was out of town.

It took a little longer that I would have liked, but it was worth it the learning experience!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
So... Tell us how you did it. Some don't even remove the hood when they pull the motor out. Did you remove the front clip or just open to hodd. Glad you are up any running again and things went safely for you. What kind of help did you get from this site and others...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you put a 7.3 in it, or a 6.9? Not sure if your sig is up to date. Which glow plug system are you running? The link provided is for the 6.9.

osus86diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the 7.3 into it and love it! Its amazing what happens when a truck gets a good tight motor in it!

It just swapped the wiring harness from the 6.9 to the 7.3 and used some creative connections to connect to the glow plugs and the instructions given for the controller bypass worked out great!!!

I pulled the hood off, took the radiator out, and put some ply wood in front of the transmission cooler and air conditioning condensor so we didn't mess those up. and the rest was basic procedures for pulling the engine, unhooking things and what not.

osus86diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to say thanks again for all the helpful information on here! Anytime I had a question there was always any answer around the corner. The tech articles have been pretty helpful as well.

Thanks for all your help! It was a great learning experience, mistakes were made along the way but, I supose that is the best way to learn is from doing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online