It's alive!!! A new truck in the fold!

zigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it's not quite new. It's a 1993.

I actually bought it back in '05 with a 7.3 that had dropped a valve. (paid $4,000 for it-these trucks in good running condition around here sell for upwards of 10-12 thou if you can even find one..) I put in my "built" 6.9 last fall, and wasn't able to do anything else with it as the rains came, and it was sitting out in a field 60 miles away so I just had to tarp it and wait.

So last week, I pulled it down to my house on a trailer with my '86(Over 12,000lbs total weight truck and trailer), and finally today, with the last touches, I fired it up, washed it off, and took it for a little break-in run. I had removed the turbo(ats wastegated) and just went with a straight pipe, but it seems to have tons of power(4.10 gears) and the E4OD shifts nice and smooth. Had 'er up to 50mph no problems...

So far, so good. Now the new engine anxiety comes.

..pic 1..
..pic 2..

zigg

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Looks great. Nothing better than the smell of diesel in the morning startup.:D

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good Don. It just needs a real bed, unless that flatbed thing is what you like. So you say a Hypermax turbo is in the works...? That is even cooler. Good luck with that thing. I am sure the new engine anxieties will pass uneventfully.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
nice, congratulations, i hope she runs great for you

better than the "i sold her" stories of late:backoff

zigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys

I'm planning on turning that box into a dump unit. It's very sturdy.

it's the original pump on there for now, and I don't have a pyro in yet, so I'm worried about running the temp up since it was set up for the turbo, and I've just got a stock "y" pipe into 2 1/2 exhaust, but I'll just have to take it easy till I get a pyro. I've got some injector cap o-ring leaks, but other than that, it starts right up, and runs perfect.

Yup, that's the wife's benz(It's named Benjamin). Just had the tranny redone.
($1800) Turns out both the B2 band and the servo broke, so it wasn't something that coule be fixed in the driveway.

Zigg :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online