It moved!!!

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Under its own power, finally, its all back together ;Sweet. Well minus the rear driveshaft, so I had to drive around with it in 4 wheel drive, but its moving ;Sweet LOL. Dont know if I ever told anybody but my truck used to shake real bad when letting out of the clutch, would buck real bad in first gear even. Second gear would be so bad that you could hear change rattling in the ash tray. Well no more of that, its so much more smooth, and the effort to push the clutch in is basically nothing ;Sweet. Swapped most all of my fluids over to synthetic, great, hopefully I will pick up some fuel milage ;Sweet.

I'm happy. And talk about smooth idling with my new BB codes, so smooth ;Sweet. Great day.

NCheek

Howdy
Reaction score
Good to hear your all fixed up. Nothing like that sense of victory when you drive it down the driveway for the first time.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
What's wrong with your rear driveshaft? Just need ujoints or something? Make sure you get the right ones from your parts store, mine gave me the wrong ones twice in a row.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
What's wrong with your rear driveshaft? Just need ujoints or something? Make sure you get the right ones from your parts store, mine gave me the wrong ones twice in a row.

Well its ujoint related. For some reason our vice isnt working (turn it to go in and out and it does nothing), and at that point I didnt feel like fixing it. But yes, great to get it out and driving ;Sweet.

I scared the crap out of me though. I was slipping the clutch some driving around on our driveway. I went up a steep hill from our shop, and stopped. I started backing down when I noticed the gravel was all black from some sort of liquid. Freaked me out, cause there was a ton of it. Backed down, shut it off. Looked under the truck, no oil's leaking. Looked at the radiator, no leaks. Then looked in my bed and realised the tarp I had back there had a bunch of water in it, so when I went up the hill it came out.

Its nice to drive a diesel that you can actually hear rattle away ;Sweet

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
So good to see your up and running again. What was the motor mount issue? about the "BB" injectors... You say you really like them as compared to the "G" code injectors... Maybe I should try a set. My "G" code injectors will smoke till the motor warms up and even then I can see smoke drifting by most of the time. Don't like that much.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
WAY TO GO JUSTIN!
You musta decided that you werent going to pull the engine. Glad to hear it. I be there would have been hell to pay for doing that.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
So good to see your up and running again. What was the motor mount issue? about the "BB" injectors... You say you really like them as compared to the "G" code injectors... Maybe I should try a set. My "G" code injectors will smoke till the motor warms up and even then I can see smoke drifting by most of the time. Don't like that much.

I went and looked, the motor mounts seemed fine, and that it was just the engine saging at the rear some. I put the tranny back in (wow what a PITA without a tranny jack LOL), tightened it up, then jacked up the back and put the crossmember in and its all good.

Well my truck is smoking a little bit to, but I'm just going to let it go for a little bit, I figure some crud fell in the holes that's gotta get burnt up.

Yes I like my BB codes more, the idleing was much more smooth with them, even when the G codes werent leaking for like 2 miles until they started to. But the G codes werent exactly new...I was planning on rebuilding them.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
always a good feeling to have your truck back after a big tear down.;Sweet

FordGuy100

Reaction score
right on man!!! gain any power from the bb's? so what all did this tear down entail?

Couldnt really tell you any power gain, I would expect so cause I was only running on 6 with the G codes LOL. But I only had my front driveshaft in and wasnt really wanting to do any major front wheel drive peelouts :D. Pulled the tranny without proper equipment (if I need to next time, I'm buying a tranny jack). Put in a Luk 12" clutch. Switched tranny and transfer case to Amsoil synthetic oil's. Put in and bled my BB codes, and then buttoned everything back up.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
it is easier, just set the E-brake and go to town:rotflmao :rotflmao jk

Yes :D . I have friends with little front wheel drive cars, GTI's and stuff. They go and take those trays from fast food resturants that they serve food on. They sneak them out, put them under the rear tires, put on the ebrake, and have at it. LOL Let me tell you its some good fun ;Sweet

tractorman86

Reaction score
Yes :D . I have friends with little front wheel drive cars, GTI's and stuff. They go and take those trays from fast food resturants that they serve food on. They sneak them out, put them under the rear tires, put on the ebrake, and have at it. LOL Let me tell you its some good fun ;Sweet

:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao that would be great to watch!!!

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
yea it's a good feeling when you've done something like that.....FYI the heavy duty headlight harness is a very nice investment and it took me all of 10 mins to install in my f-150.....brightened things right up...well worth the 30 bucks.What are BB codes and G codes?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylerperson

Members online