it finally starts..

razorback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so after a long process of putting my truck back together i just got it started, then realized my rad drain was open, (didnt pour out while sitting, just when it ran, due to pressure build up?) and shut it off. well the "engine" light is on..how can i figure out what is causing it to be light up? also it sounds like my GP relay is firing while its running or something.. is it suppose to make a "click click click" while running?

and yes, there was a big plume of black smoke when it first started.

also the brakes were very..squishy..seemed hard to stop it at first. what could cause this?

Last edited:

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your "engine" light is the over temp light. Either the sender is bad or the wire is grounded somewhere. The sender is in the driverside head, Its the big one, the one that takes a 7/8" wrench.

Brakes probibly have air in the system or the rears are not adjusted right.

razorback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id guess air then. because it was one of those "oh **** no brakes" moments for a second.

i need to find a hydro-boost system and switch mine.

suv7734

Reaction score
Engine light is also activated by the oil pressure switch. If the oil pressure gauge is reading then it is not an issue. To check the overtemp switch just pull the connector on the sensor at the lower front of the driver's side head, if the sensor is bad the light will go out when disconnected.

razorback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok yeah, it shows it has no oil pressure..what could be wrong other than the obvious bad sender?

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Engine light is also activated by the oil pressure switch. If the oil pressure gauge is reading then it is not an issue. To check the overtemp switch just pull the connector on the sensor at the lower front of the driver's side head, if the sensor is bad the light will go out when disconnected.

I did not know that, I learn somthin new every day!

razorback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, one more thing. my passengers side headlight diesnt work nor does my drivers side blinker..what could cause this?

razorback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
checked the bulb..even switched the bulbs (from drivers to passengers to make sure, and it was) there is a green wire from both sides that comes off the harness from the blinker..not hooked to anything.. where does it go?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Staff online

Members online