is this a good idea

4x4manonbroke

Diesel Master
Reaction score
My gallon jug of diesel was almost full when I handed it to him and now its about half left. So it was at least 1/4 gallon.

Yeah, not filling the filter is ******* the IP .. next time if it runs out of fuel , Fill the fuel filter with ATF and then, commence with the slow fuel pour ... ( VERRY SLOW, or use fogging oil ) ..

mjs2011

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, not filling the filter is ******* the IP .. next time if it runs out of fuel , Fill the fuel filter with ATF and then, commence with the slow fuel pour ... ( VERRY SLOW, or use fogging oil ) ..

Or skip pouring things down the intake all together. Fill the fuel filter, from the outside holes that is, with atf, spin it back on, and begin cranking. You can even jump the starter solenoid up front. If you have a good lift pump and IP, you should only need to crank for 5 seconds before it will fire up.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Yup^^^

And you dont even need to crack all the lines, just a few. It will run like crap for a second as its only running well on those few cylinders, but whatever.

In fact, lately I have had air intrusion (bypassed stock 6.9 water seperator, old fuel lines are all cracked up letting air in). I just loosen 3 cylinders on the passenger side, crank for a few seconds, tighten, it will crank for maybe 2 seconds and then fire up.

Nobody should be pouring anything down a diesel's intake. It makes the guys who use ether on a heat assisted diesel look smart by comparison.

If this offends you, get over it.