is there a forum of this quality, for old ford gassers?

13fcolt

former professional
Reaction score
my 86 460 crew cab has been sitting far too long. it is going to need some major
tlc to get her running again, and i was wondering if there was a source of guidance and advice similar to what can be found here.
i won't be able to start on it anytime soon, but if i can begin to acquire parts sources and knowledge to get a rebuild plan together before hand, i think it will
go much better.

thanks!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what do you need?
i am about to scrap out a 87 fed smog ext cab truck.
bought it right when the gas prices took off.

13fcolt

former professional
Reaction score
well, pretty much everything. long story short, asking my wife to take care of it while
i was deployed somehow resulted in a truck that don't run.

13fcolt

former professional
Reaction score
maybe the more sensible thing to do is let go of my emotional attachment to this truck and
part it out. we been through a lot together and the mere thought of doing that just unsettles me.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We do have a gas engine forum here, but I can't say we have a lot of dedicated enthusiasts to support it. I find the quality of help at Fullsizebronco.com to be good, and they use the same forum software so it has a similar look and feel.

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe the more sensible thing to do is let go of my emotional attachment to this truck and
part it out. we been through a lot together and the mere thought of doing that just unsettles me.

Don't even think twice about it. What you said above is the reason I still have my 73 F100 with the 360, and still run it occasionally just to get a feel for the good old times. Just don't do like me and ever rebuild the engine for pure power and not take advantage of it. I used to get 16 mpg before the rebuild, and now I measure in gallons per mile. Ha ha ha...

I say keep it, there's nothing that can't be fixed. Except for stupidity, that's why my brother never drives anything I own. Anymore.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online