Iron Bull Bumper..

Farmall Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, been doing some looking around and happened to run across Iron Bull bumpers, I wasn't really interested in an aftermarket bumper, but i feel like this bumper could look pretty sweet if put on the right truck. Feel free to comment or suggest. kinda on the fence here with this one:rolleyes:

Attachments

• iron-bull-front-winch-bumper-for-78-79-ford-bronco-f150-f250-f350-600x449.jpg
    iron-bull-front-winch-bumper-for-78-79-ford-bronco-f150-f250-f350-600x449.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 170

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
positive- they make stuff for older trucks. negative- one of my most basic reasons for a winch bumper is to use it as a "step stool" for working under the hood. the one in the pic has no provision for doing so. this one does......

Attachments

• P1010027.JPG
    P1010027.JPG
    183 KB · Views: 150

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ooohhh i do like the one in your pic! Where to find one like that and cost?
it's a beaten and battered WARN enforcer series. It's also obsolete for our trucks. I bought a truck just for the bumper and took it off and turned and sold the truck with a stock bumper. since installing it, I put more dents into it. I don't feel so bad as a result :D

Attachments

• P1010301.JPG
    P1010301.JPG
    167.5 KB · Views: 140

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice bumper Calvin, I agree winch bumpers need to be a platform to stand on and work from.

I'm going to have to say that this enforcer though nice would not work well for me either.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
positive- they make stuff for older trucks. negative- one of my most basic reasons for a winch bumper is to use it as a "step stool" for working under the hood. the one in the pic has no provision for doing so. this one does......
What he said. However, the Iron Bull has such a geometry that it's easy to modify into a nice stepping platform at least above the winch. Heck maybe you can even talk IB into doing this for you, if you're buying new and don't wanna risk losing their warranty by doing your own fab work.

Farmall Ford, not to pour oil on your fire, but I'll still bring up the bumper vs. frame dilemma: in a lighter impact (deer, brick fence, small car) the IB bumper will obliterate your obstacle and the frame is strong enough to hold up to the force, however in a heavy impact (tractor trailer, giant boulder, 100-y-o oak tree) the impact is so strong that something has to give, and if that something ain't your bumper then it will be whatever said bumper is attached to (the frame). Bumpers are easy to replace, frames not so much. So you have to ask yourself, do you want the strength to handle smaller impacts effortlessly knowing that the first larger impact can also be the last one for your truck? Whereas with a weaker bumper you do have to repair the front clip after a midnight big buck encounter, however in a more serious accident it will absorb some of the force and thus could save your frame. Just something to think about...

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
But with a big enough impact, even with the factory bumper, will still receive frame damage.
The op actually just got done rebuilding his truck from a meeting with a telephone pole.
Personally, I'd rather take the bigger bumper. How often do you hit something big enough to cause frame damage? Eh, not often. Or ever, if I'm lucky. Lol for me animals are the main problem. Deer (had one t-bone me lol thank god I have a flatbed. Sucker was moving good), cows, small trees, pushing vehicles, etc.
One could almost get a frame cheaper than a new front end, paint, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jasper, and with a big enough impact you're dead and who cares if the bumper or sheetmetal survived :D

But you are preaching to the choir, as both my trucks tenderize venison on the spot, and given enough speed the MDT sometimes pulverizes the poor deer. My reasoning for said bumpers is not so much the cost of replacing sheetmetal, but downtime away from home and all the associated costs (and sometimes dangers) it brings - I'd be darned if I let a stupid bambi bust my radiator and leave me stranded while I'm hauling a trailer thru the middle of nowhere with no cell coverage but with a snowstorm raging around me and a pack of rabid werewolves howling in the woods just out of sight LOL

Point I was making tho was that sometimes an accident that could have caused damage easily repaired by a full front clip swap if need be, can be devastating to the frame if a stupid-overkill bumper was installed. And a frame damage is often grounds for insurance write-off. And in some places once that happens the vehicle can no longer be put on the road, even if under it there's now a brand spankin new OEM frame truck-freighted directly from the assembly line. Which would be a ridiculous and sad end to what was once a sweet truck. Admittedly, the main issue here is the stupidity of the people making the rules, but if you're the owner of said truck what do you care why exactly she's killed off, important thing is she's dead and there ain't a thing you can do about it.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Lol. Exactly.
Plenty of salvage/rebuilt titled vehicles here in Oklahoma though. A lot of them in way better shape than vehicles with a clean title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Farmall Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I honestly just want a meaner looking bumper, plus to push friends when they're stuck and work under the hood. The stock bumper that it had saved my butt because if it didnt give like that...I would have paid for a telphone pole...$4k vs $1800 for new front clip

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm all for a good stout bumper however it can be costly as mentioned if frame is bent because damn bumper is too freaking strong and forces frame to flex... === B A D news.

Same with the OBS light F150 frames with crumple zones OMG those are nasty, the F250 and up without them...nice and strong with boxed sections, my kind of frame!!!

The balance of frame and bumper is difficult for sure, so since frames are dime a dozen, I choose bumper! That's my choice cause there are three freaking frames in my yard right now buwa ha ha..

Well either way IMHO bumpers need to be a step platform.

Maybe see if you can build yer own??? copy some of the ideas???

JM2CW