IPR o rings went again!! any help?

camo85

smoke em out
Reaction score
'96 7.3psd, superchip, 245,000 miles
Can anyone help? I just replaced the o-rings on the IPR between one to two thousand miles ago... and once again there is oil running out the hpop, but only when i get into the turbo hard a couple times. If I'm light on the throttle it dosn't seem to really do it. Is my IPR valve in need of replacement? Or maybe the HPOP is cracked? Any ideas???

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
are you positive its the IPR leaking?a leaky turbo pedistal oring will drip oil into the valley

camo85

smoke em out
Reaction score
I'm positive it's the IPR, or Hpop!! It's coming from the front, the whole valley is covered again. The o-rings stoped it for a little, trust me I ran the hell out of it to make sure when I put them in!! Unless one of the braded's decided to go now, but it's awfull wet under the Hpop.

camo85

smoke em out
Reaction score
Thank's for the idea double-s, I never thought to check that. I should have time Wednesday to look at it, I'll let you know.

camo85

smoke em out
Reaction score
Double-s-diesel... do you think it's possibly it's a braded line o-ring, and it looks like it's under the hpop?? I was lazy and only did the o-rings on the ipr and not the lines, even though they came with the kit. I do know that the new ipr o-rings were definatly bigger, not in size but thickness, than the old ones were. Do you think the line o-rings may need replaced as well?? I guess I should just do them since I have them.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
slacker, get to work on that truck. you need to be running scrap!

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
could, there are o rings on the fittings for the braided lines to the hpop. also a common SD thing.

camo85

smoke em out
Reaction score
could, there are o rings on the fittings for the braided lines to the hpop. also a common SD thing.

I checked the plugs, they seem to be fine and there dosn't apear to be any leaking. The braided lines look to be dry as well [at the fittings]. Is there a plug on the underside that I maybe can't see with the pump in place? Maybe the ipr o rings are leaking again?!?! Is it possible the leak is were the pump mounts maybe???

sorry I don't meen to be a pain, but this is driving me nuts. what good is it having a turbo and a chip, if you can't ocasionaly enjoy using them.... atleast withought loosing a half gallon of oil at a shot!!!!!

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
there is also a plug on the hpop that leaks, O ring is in the kit.
worst case it is the big seal under the round part held in with a snap ring, as far as I know they are non serviceable.

another thing that makes pinpionting the leak is they will not leak at idle, only under load.