Ip top cover reinstall

travisjulian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I followed a guide how to check fuel system took top cover off. A week ago ad now I forgot how to put it back on. Any help would be nice on what how to put it back on correctly I dont need to not be able to shut truck off.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Then please have a piece of plywood large enough to cover the intake air horn. Also have the air filter off the engine so the wood can be used. Also have some rags to stuff around the wood.
Now reinstalling the cover can be done 2 ways. One is to hot up the top of the cover and just sit it down. I personally have not tried this but Mel has stated its a better way because the lever can't be installed wrong and cause a run away. The other way is no power on the cover and slide it back and then forwards. Its really been a long time since I did this so please watch for others to post. Might find a utube vid showing how also. What ahs why did you remove the cover. Any fuel in the top has already been thru the complete pump and you just can't fill an mt pump thru this process.

travisjulian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was checking fuel system. Plus I had a leak and swapped 2 orings out.

travisjulian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So when looking inside the pump with cover off does that lever just go in front of the little black arm fartherst from the throttle shaft.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The selenoid coil arm must be behind the little black square on the top of the

Attachments

• DVC01374.JPG
    DVC01374.JPG
    280.3 KB · Views: 25
  • DVC01374.JPG
    DVC01374.JPG
    288.5 KB · Views: 25

travisjulian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed no runaway. But have cracked hardline to cylinder 5. Cheap place to get one cheap.

travisjulian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone I have been to has already been taken. Been to 6 in last month.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online