IP took a dump

6.5dieselman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did some testing and found out the IP is finished.:mad: would it be better to send my off to diesel injection in Ohio to get it rebuilt or buy a reman one?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have a reputable rebuilder nearby who's work you trust, then I would certainly go with that shop, rather than buy from a high volume "one size fits all" kind of shop, where you often get what you pay for.

6.5dieselman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
diesel injection has been around for a long time but it a big name company. called them and it would be $560 to rebuild it. Other than them there really isn't another place around that does pump work

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
if thats the place in columbus grove, then yes they do great work. when i was in ohio my work sent lots of stuff to them.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if thats the place in columbus grove, then yes they do great work. when i was in ohio my work sent lots of stuff to them.

Yeah: Northwestern Fuel Injection in Col. Grove does great work, but they are a little expensive. Used to do business with them when I worked onnthe Detroit's. But since you have a pump coming from U-Haul that will work out just fine and much cheaper. Might have to turn up the fuel a little, and make sure to get it timed.

6.5dieselman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i've decided the truck is a little too rough for me and would be more than its worth fixing up. I was asking $1400 for the truck but now that i found out the pump is out i will take $800 for anyone interested

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd take you up on that if you were a bit closer.