IP suggestions

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Does Ken do anything special to his standard Injection pump?I am wondering if I should go with the $367 IP from MWFI or the $415 DPS model.this is going on White Lightning.It is only getting the normal stuff like turned up IP,Pane,better intake and exhaust.Looking to buy the fuel system this week.Not looking to be cheap just looking to save a few bucks since more a save on the same quality the more I can burn on other projects(You know what that is).......and right now,If I can't start scrounging pennies it doesn't look good for a 2 truck showing if you know what I mean.....but not gonna make any official calls for a few more months.Still way too early.

aaklingler

Reaction score
you'll have to ask ken if he doe anything special to his standard pump, but i think you should be alright with a standard rebuild from mwfi, dis, or somebody local.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Yes he does do extra stuff to it...

I know from talking with him at the '04 Weekend that he rips out the vane pump, removes the fuel pressure regulator and hogs out the innards a little, then you have to run a high pressure/high volume pump to supply it, he says that if your not going to drop the compression and hog out the injectors then it's this pump is not for you, because it flows a lot more fuel than a stock engine can handle. So no skip that pump for White Lightning.