#$&%#$!!!!!! IP... pretty sure...@#$^&*%^!!!!!

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, couldn't start, plenty of fuel up to the IP, no leaks, GP's removed, tested and visualed, replaced three just cuz. GPC 12 sec with clicks.

Pulled fuel supply line to the IP, soaking wet everywhere with E-pump supply. ;Sweet

Loosened all injector lines, no spit, pulled most of them off, a very small spit of fuel came out of each one... very small to no fuel.

Before pulling IP, anything I'm missing?

THX

!@#$%^(^%^%$!!!!!! I knew I was feelin' too good.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you made sure that the fuel shut-off solenoid's getting power and cycling? That's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head...failing that, I think it's pump time.

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeeup... it's a clicker!

I cleaned it last week thinking this was the dilemma. Started right up after cleaning contact, thought that was it too. I think it was giving me a chance to get home so I could park in the middle of the driveway and block everything! But I ain't complainin, it's home.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I would be checking that terminal again for corrosion. Even run a jumper wire from a battery hot side.

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will do it Gary, I'd rather not use my U-haul. I was saving up for a Moosie mod for it.

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Although I've got a U-haul spare already, I might take you up on that anyway.

PM me with a price.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your running on obsolete data. PM me for details. I no longer do the rebuild while you wait. I'm on an exchange model now.

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't you swap in the U-haul pump and send the failed one off to Mel?

Yes I could, but didn't have the dough for Mel yet. I wanted to give him the better unit of the two to start with. Also, if I can keep this one running, then I only have to do an IP swap once.... I'm a lazy cuss. Plus it gives me some troubleshooting experience with this engine, which I know nothing about.

I'm a fuel supply systems guy for boats, not a hard line mechanic, but have rebuilt Detroits, light mechanical work on Perkins, Volvo, Cats, Cummins, but mostly fuel system redesign/installations on boats. We also solve sludge problems in tanks. Not many Fords out here, not that they don't exist in diesel, just very rare. Although I used to have a 26' boat with twin HO 302's. 225HP each, that little boat screamed. 40+ knots!! Of course, gassers.

Hey Mel,

so you're saying I can send and not wait now?? I still have to recollect my cash flow, just hauled boat and painted hull $$$$$, so a little low on flow.