ip failed

imfixinmopars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i found out the problem and it was the ip.i called daves diesel in angola ind and the said the would not ck the pump out unless they went through it for 350.00.they wouldnt even bench test it.seemed kind of foolish for me to spend that just to see if the pump is bad,and he sounded unwilling to help anyway.so i called diesel equipment in potterville,mi.,517.645.7684 and talked to fred :thumbsup: and was he helpful!after doing some cks he told me to do ,i took the pump to him,because he was cool and 105.00 to bench test and cal the pump if it was ok.the drive cushion was bad and plugged the return causing the problems.i highly recommend these guys,they explained the situation putting me at ease w/ spending 400.00.someone should take lessons on customer realations in angola. oh ,am i doing something wrong on this site?i posted a question about this problem a few days ago and havent got any response.just wondering,mike,oh the truck runs fine know,just need to properly time it .

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
Glad it is fixed. For a reasonable price too. Dont sweat no responses. Sometimes you just have to have a conversation with your self. Did that once on a gun forum when no one replied. There were like 10 posts of me talking to myself before anyone else answered.

imfixinmopars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks,i am new to these diesels and i need all the help i can get.been a mech all my life but on gassers.fun to learn new things but not fun when i dont have the proper tools,lol.im trying real hard to keep the truck around for a while,it better not goof up again.oh well,thanks

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Mike,

So you got less than stellar service from Dave's Diesel - Probably talked to Rick :rolleyes: Seems about right. He doesn't know how to say anything unless it requires you empting your bank account into his - Trust me I've been down the road with him... There is no love loss between us at this point - I won't go back and he probably won't have me back...

I must have missed the posts before hand - I've been pretty busy here as of late (RV'n and house improvements) - currently tonight I'm putting a top on our deck but ran out of screws so I'm pretty much screwed ;p LOL

If you're ever venture down to Fort Wayne we have pretty good pump shop downtown called Fort Wayne Diesel Injection Service - they don't do truck work just rebuild pumps, injectors and turbo's for most of all the diesel shops in the area - prices are fair and turn around time is excellent. There is another one south of Fort Wayne but that would be quite a stretch for you - they are slower than a seven year itch - prices are really good but don't expect them to move faster than pond water (Craigville Diesel - Talk to Steve). I typically always got my injection pumps for my old IDI down at Fort Wayne Diesel but did get the last one from Craigville - price was a little cheaper down south and the customer service is great. Steve doesn't keep pumps on the shelf ready to go out you have to call and place an order for one then in a couple of days he takes one of the cores off the shelf and has it ready for ya. He turned my last one up quite a bit before handing across the counter - he just cautioned that he would not stand behind it if the pistons melted with how I asked him to set the pump up - he doesn't have a set warranty period he but he stands behind their work for longer than most places would even consider.

imfixinmopars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gee, thanks guys for the responses,not trying to beat up daves,but maybe im a nobody with limited cash flow,oh well.thanks for the recomended shops in ft wayne,maybe next time.now the p/s gearbox is leaking from the input shaft area,is this common? is there an easy fix?wow this truck is wearing me out,lol...thanks again

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I was lucky and have never had a steering gear box leak - for me it was always the high pressure hose that was leaking and putting fluid over just about everything and would make you think that the gear box was leaking - that is very common Ford thing. But the gear box it's self leaking - again I never had one and haven't talked to anyone that has... So you might check to see if it's not the classic ford hose deal...

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
I have had one.On the brick but that truck was a 4x4 F150 with over 300K miles on it.It leaked out the output shaft of the steering box.From what I was told it is some what easy to fix.Never did any research on a input shaft leak.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
argve said:
He turned my last one up quite a bit before handing across the counter - he just cautioned that he would not stand behind it if the pistons melted with how I asked him to set the pump up - he doesn't have a set warranty period he but he stands behind their work for longer than most places would even consider.

Hee hee hee,And this is why it is going back on the 6.9.....if the guys will ever be at the shop -cuss They have been closed for the past 2 days!

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had luck fixing leaks at the input shaft of the PS box, but never the output. Usually when the output starts to leak, the shaft itself is worn along with the bearings, and the best fix is just to change the box.

imfixinmopars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think i found a friend that will have a meter,i finally used the truck yesterday pulling a 79f250 home and seemed to run ok.decent power,but ive never pulled w/ a 6.9/7.3 before.70 mph pulling didnt seem too bad,seems about the same as my chev 350 tbi that runs better than most,but hard to compare,any thoughts?,thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online