Intercooler requirements

OldIron82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was offered a intercooler from my buddy's 85 Chevy turbo LS engine swap project. IC is too big for him, he can't make it fit with the hood latch. It's 31" long ( pipe to pipe ) 3" thick, and 12" tall. Would that be a acceptable/efficient size for my 6.9 with a 093 ATS with a Wicked Wheel II? My truck is a 89 F350 with a 31" long radiator ( measured from lifting eye to lifting eye ) and it does have a air conditioning condenser. Not worried about fitment, just efficiency. Brand new never used.

Thanks!

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check the stickies and tech section

Now look for ficm,i.c.,

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the same size cooler as what I just installed, mine fit fine? The cx racing one recomened on here ic0022 is that size.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fits easy without ac, but with ac in the way you have to cut up the hood latch support and trim the grille back

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did cut my hood latch support to make it easier to instal, how thick are ac condensers? I still have some extra room behind my grill, though it is it true I do not have ac in the way. I had my extra billet grill ready in case the stock grill didn't give clearance for it