Intake for a 6.9

IH POWER

ALL MOTOR!
Reaction score
I currently dont have an intake hose for my 6.9. Is there anywhere I can something for it, i.e. cold air intake? Or any cool ideas of what to do with it? And does a k&n filter actually make a difference?

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
If you have the scoop down at the core support all you need is some drier ducting. If not you could fab up your own scoop or make a cowl induction setup.

My thoughts on K&N filters is stay away from them. Any type of cleanable filter for that matter. They just don't filter as good as your standard air filter. All that extra dust and dirt getting through will eventually lead to increased wear. The air filter is the most important filter on any engine as that's where most all dirt, dust and contaminates enter. Its not something you want to skimp on!

If your looking for a filter that flows better than paper and filters better than paper I would look into the Donaldson EAF5187. It uses a synthetic media that is less restrictive than standard paper filters and also filters better than paper. Amsoil is using this same media in their current line of air filters, Donaldson makes the media for them and they make the finished product. So if you want to learn more check out Amsoils website. They have some good info on the filters!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online