Insurance Question

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering... with all I have done to my truck the actual worth is much more than its market value.

Is there any insurance that covers this difference? Main concern being what I'd do if the truck were totalled in a major accident, fire, etc.

The BTS and the turbo are about $7k above bluebook value alone...

Thanks,
Mike

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
>>> Click Here <<< for a short listing of places that provide modified car insurance. BTW that is what I typed into google to get that list.

Also check with Mel I know he has a specialized insurance on The Moose Truck but I remember him saying that he is only allowed so many miles a year. there was a couple of other requirements but I can't really remember them.

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by argve
>>> Click Here <<< for a short listing of places that provide modified car insurance. BTW that is what I typed into google to get that list.

Also check with Mel I know he has a specialized insurance on The Moose Truck but I remember him saying that he is only allowed so many miles a year. there was a couple of other requirements but I can't really remember them.

Still looking... no satisfaction in that list. (One company was in Ireland :))

Mike

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We all love our trucks to death, for most of us they are a hobby and not a practicality (in all practicle senses) but to insure them for the invested worth as opposed to Blue Book value is usually not worth it. Premiums would be so stupid that you would be better off applying that moeny towards a monthly payment on a newer rig. But that goes back to us loving our trucks and them being a hobby. Hard to part with something you have grown to love and endear.

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by 95_stroker
We all love our trucks to death, for most of us they are a hobby and not a practicality (in all practicle senses) but to insure them for the invested worth as opposed to Blue Book value is usually not worth it. Premiums would be so stupid that you would be better off applying that moeny towards a monthly payment on a newer rig. But that goes back to us loving our trucks and them being a hobby. Hard to part with something you have grown to love and endear.

True... and that was another item I was considering... Unfortunately, the perils of buying a used truck... a Dodge at that... are something I don't wish to endure just for the sake of having a Cummins-powered rig...

Will continue to see what I can come up with... may just have to bite the bullet, drive this for 3 more years or so... or until engine gives up and buy something new...

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
You should contact your insurance company and have them write another policy that covers that additional items. Most major carriers provide this service, you're rates will probably go up too. Receipts will probably be necessary but they should work with you, they do want to keep your business if you have a clean record.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thamojster

Members online