installing turbo

Mat J

Way down south
Reaction score
installing turbo PROBLEM with pics

ats 093 anyone have any tips to add on installing it. i have the ats instructions.

it says to reroute the return lines that go on the back or something?

Last edited:

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're probably refering to the rubber return hose that crosses over to the other side. The idea is to route it away from the heat of the turbo. I had to do the same thing on my Banks turbo setup.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
If you bought it new, it should have come with a couple of replacement return caps, the pass rear caps off and another with a T to cross over and I believe a second T for the other side unless it came with T splices.
It has to move the crossover from the rear of teh engine to a point toward the front

Mat J

Way down south
Reaction score
ok iv got it half way there.

iv got the turbo on the pedistal drain. but the problem i am having is how to you attatch the pressure air from the turbo to the intake hat. is there supposed to be a hose because mine does not line up at all. all the diagram shows is like a o ring between the two. but iv got a couple inches of space.

Mat J

Way down south
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The P.O. probably ran an intercooler since the turbine outlet is supposed to be pointed and fit inside the intake hat. There is also supposed to be an O-ring inside the intake hat for sealing. The turbine outlet fitting that fits inside the intake hat looks to be damaged as in out of round. Do I also see a crack in the same area that's out of round?

Mat J

Way down south
Reaction score
i got it figured out the bolts on the back of it let you clock it to fit together. i have no o ring so i put in some permetex black. i think ups might have dropped the turbo but if it works i wont compliane.

where do i hook up the oil feed line to????

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you need to T it into your existing oil line. Its up to you where, you can do it on the bottom side of the block on the drivers side or use the oil pickup by the top of the bellhousing.

Will the hoses fit on the cracked part of the turbo? Will they completely cover it?

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doubt it will seal well or for long with silicone. Hopefully a call to someone helpful(fat chance) in the ATS organization could get you o-ring dimensions on Monday. If not, stop by a turbo shop with the hat and see what they can come up with.