Injector Install today!

russs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've finally installed my Don Morrison EDM injectors and they phreakin ROCK!

About the same or less smoke than the DDIII's and definetly 20 more horspower. I cant tell much difference between the 3's and the EDM's yet as far as temps go. I'll post more about it when I tow with it.

When I left Rob's house, at the first stop sign I snicked it into 5X5 and slowly rolled on the throttle in 3rd gear. The boost built up and a tire broke loose (dry pavement). Shifted into 4th and back on it again, and it was trying to break loose again, clawing for traction.... Gotta luv em!

Heres LuckyJeff doing some wrenching!
You must be registered for see images

I hope to dyno soon - I'm thinking I should be close to 470rwhp.

russs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He's a good kid Joe.... Just trying to get some expirience. Hell, he wrenched more on my injectors that I did. I guess I'm just a trusting soul.

NAIL BENDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Less than a year ago, at Erics, he was scared to drill his (I mean his Dads) KDP. Had to let Eric W do it.:D

NAIL BENDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, did they torque down your injector clamp bolts to 89 in lbs, your cylinder head cover to 18 ft lbs and your air intake housing bolts to 18 ft lbs? I'm sure they did, but, you can never be too careful, calibrated elbows just don't cut it around here.:D

russs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All torqued to spec. I personally have three different torque wrenches - 3/4 drive up to something like 250 ft/lbs, 1/4 drive in/lbs, and a in/lb screw driver.... replaceable bits of course... I'm a torquaholic... :D :D

Matter of fact - the wrench that Jeff is holding in the picture is the torque wrench - torquing the injector caps.

B

Big K

The rest of this is in Battlegrounds. This thread was started so Russ could talk **** about how he just leapfrogged me just a little in injector size. ;) He who laughs last...........:D I know he still longs for the 5600....... ;p

russs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL LOL

I wasnt gonna post anymore on this thread but I'm *****!

yes your right.... I'm hoping a NV5600 conversion is in my future...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morerunner

Members online