I'm trying to decide...

Ziggyman

Reaction score
On which torque converter to buy. I'm looking for something inexpensive, but reliable. I figure might as well replace it while the trans is out. So I'm looking for recommendations on what to go with. Might be putting a turbo on, but not going for all out performance. And I will be occasionally using it to tow, but nothing extremely heavy.

Ziggyman

Reaction score
Sig truck, 90 e4od. And I'm looking to keep it at/around $500 or so, banks and ats are a little more than I'm looking to spend

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
racer x TQ will keep you in budget.

i have heard that the only thing a trans command does it raise line pressure. you don't want that. you would be better off getting a good standalone controller that does shift timing AND line pressure.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I keep reading the bad mouthing the Banks Trans Command. Do you really think they would put something on the market thats going to come back and bite them because it ruined something... They do plenty of R&R before anything goes on the market. They have to or stand to loose their butts. The stock converters work very well for a long time for what they are. They have 25 square inches of friction material and they work.. Now the converter used by BTS in their E4OD trans has a tripple disc and its got a whopping 150 square inches of friction material.... I can say from my experiance the triple disc will outlast all of us... We just can't make enough hp to ruin one..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online