IH Bell Housing Configuration Questions

IHWillys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... What are the best options for finding a MV bellhousing with a T3x bolt pattern? Do the IHC 404 or 549 have the MV bellhousing?...

The 404 and 446 are the MV engines. The 549 is LV. I've been told that some of the 404/446 manual trans bells would have the IHC T3x pattern on them so it shouldn't be too difficult to find one. If this is true, my problem in finding one is I have zero time for parts yard scrounging(young family and projects to turn wrenches on right now). Basically, you're going to have to go looking for trucks with these engines in them. Pulling the engine and trans to get just the bell is not something everyone with one of these trucks is willing to do.

I really don't want to steer anyone wrong here and I don't know all the caveats involved and I'm sure there are atleast a few as we are talking about IHC stuff here. I do trust that the MV bellhousings with T3x pattern are out there though I don't have one myself.

Thanks for the welcome, lots of good info here.

Ken

RedTruck

Reaction score
Ken,

Thanks. If I come up with something I'll let you know. If I find two I'll give you first dibs.

Paul