ignition switch failure

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am dealing with a chipper that had a 8.3 6ct cummins swaped into it and the ignition switch I put in it did not last long, the swith is a painless wiring 80529. Had the person get that along with a 30830 harness kit so could wire it up and get it working. It has been sitting mostly over the past year with the chipper getting passed around to get different thing done to it and last was at a hydrolic shop to get new lines made, this is after it got sand blasted and painted by someone else. Went to go put the gauge panel and harness back on to find the switch acting up, switch is on the panel. The issue with the swith was it had to be jiggle to get it to start and now it dose not keep it running all the time. I thought this would be better than the universal ignition switch found at the auto store that I had to replace twice on another piece of equipment. Dose anyone know of a part number of good heavy duty switch that would last on something like this, the engine cage is off something else so switch would not be original?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online