If i may ask what did you guy's pay for your truck or 7.3 or 6.9 powered vehicles?

larson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought mine for 1,500 cash with no working head light's (bad fuse) and once it was warmed up if you killed it it wouldn't start with out pouring water on the IP (replaced that). It had 142,000 original miles when I bought it. Other than that it was just dirty as hell.
I'm just curious what they go for price wise. Working on this thing is awesome and a true stress relief for me. I put 550 miles a week on the odo and even when it had a bad ip it never let me down. I had every intention of this truck just being wheels to drive until I found something better but now you couldn't pay me to sell it.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
700 bucks guy couldn't get it started 14 years ago so he parked it and bought a powerstroke.me an dad went threw 2 new battery's and some ether in her and fired right up off 14yr old diesel once she primed up.ended up replacing the glowplugs twice and the ip twice but she ran great

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
traded my 90 F350 CC LB 4WD....(1300 bucks invested)

You must be registered for see images attach

FOR THIS!
87 F350 CC LB 4WD with
a blown up 6.9/T-19
a 97 7.3 PSD
a AODE
and $3,000

spent the cash on a 94 7.3 IDI (pictured in the bed, above)
a F450 ZF5
a little bit of work,
alot of parts
this is how she looks today.

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think I count because I am in Michigan but I paid $6,000 for mine.

Lumberjack84

Reaction score
1600 for my '84 xlt with 105,000 miles on it and now 118k. has never let me down so far except for the head gaskets. I've put some money into her even more now with the turbo going on and she used to be cherry until the door panel crumbled away more and people backed into the fender and a few other things. even though I'm saving for another diesel out of the idi world I'll never sell her, maybe distant future is a flatbed 4wd conv. duals and maybe axles from an f550 like the one it's next to:rolleyes: and a zf5

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
$4800-$4900 can't recall already. Only last April. 156K, one bad u-joint, only one fuel line clamp. Still running the econoline fuel injection lines that someone put on the reman Jasper engine. Could use injectors/pump. 2 new batteries, stone grounding straps. Needs the DMF replaced, the drivers outer floor pan and could use a passenger side one in a few years too. Had a nail in one tire that never lost air the entire time the PO owned it. I've delt with much worse. One damn good truck.

And I did straighten the bumper back out.

1995voyagerES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1988 7.3 IDI ATS turbo F350 dually, crew cab - bought with 76000 original miles, got new paint from the pre-owner (not professionally painted but good enough) and has almost no rust and no bondo involved: Got it for 7100€ (around 7900$).

Good price for germany (normally you can't get these trucks in this condition this cheap here) but I'm totally jealous how inexpensive these trucks are in the US/Canada ;Really

For my 96 Powerstroke I paid 6100€, 224000 miles, ZF5 and no 4WD - needed a DMF to SMF swap badly and I did a reseal on the oil cooler (it was just starting to leak outside). Cab has no rust (just patched a few holes on the driver side floor...where the door rubber strip attaches...that was all), frame is a little bit crusty but nowhere near bad (no undercoating on the truck yet). Engine, transmission and diff is completely dry!

Not cheap here, but, you only live once.
At least the parts are cheap via rockauto ;Sweet

Last edited:

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1900 for the 94 4dr zf5 2wd (240k miles)

1000 and an AR-15 for the 92 xcab 2wd (120k miles)

2000 for 91 4dr 2wd with early ats turbo (160k miles) and new tires, with a trailer and 92 parts truck on the trailer. Helluva package deal

All were in good driving order when purchased, ok paint, rough beds from working. Surplus cash from selling my 09 6.4 (13.5 cash) and boat (800+ar-15 and mossberg 500) funded all the IDIs.

jayro88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
e250 with 125k miles. Clean inside and out with only one area of rust to fix. New tires, batteries and some other misc parts. $3000.
You must be registered for see images

diesl dale

Reaction score
$6000.00, Bought it from my son who bought it from the original owner. He was a Ford dealership mechanic who ordered it in 91. 205k miles, engine rebuilt @ 81k due to cavitation, Banks turbo, upgraded to hydro boost, electric fuel transfer pump, new IP & injectors, fan clutch, radiator, batteries. ZF5, 4WD, cclb srw, xlt. I think I will be buried in this truck.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought this truck back in 1998 for $3500. It was rust free at the time, but was 2wd and auto.

This is one of the first electronic pics I have. It's already 4x4 here.

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$600 for my first one (farm truck). Beautiful bed, clean frame, terrible cab. Patched up the cab, got it running and liked it so much I sold my daily driver 2000 ranger. Daily drove the truck to work everyday for a year, 120 miles a day.
I have about $2200 into a re ring engine, rebuilt injection pump and used turbo kit and the rest are parts from parts truck that paid for themselves. So for under $3000 I have a good reliable work truck that I'd take anywhere

I bought my 2wd 86 for 700 and I wouldn't trust it to make it out of the driveway before I tore it apart. Constant little problems but it had 0 rust anywhere.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789

Members online