Idling up high help.

TattooTodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a family trip and don't have time to search. It isles itself up to about 1200 I can't see anything ideas please!!!!!

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check your throttle cable at the injection pump. Visually verify the throttle linkage is sitting on the idle adjustment stop on the passenger side. See if the high idle solenoid is extended all the time (even if it is, 1200 is a bit high). If it's extended at running temp unplug it for now. Check your cruise control cable for kinks or oddities... remove if necessary. Check the throttle linkage return spring for any breakage, or pedal for binding.

All I can think of off the top of my head...

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you should of seen the water in fuel light flicker,long before it could of reached your ip.

TattooTodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one of them?? haha.. Made it home, let it cool down and rest and it seems to have gotten a little better.. seems to only idle up to around 600.. IM lost i do have a new IP on the way as i have a warranty, itll be here the 7th.. the IP having issues makes since as it runs great but seems like i dont have much peddle and what im told is very low on power.. so i spose i shall see when i get a day off after it comes in!!

I did fill up at a cheap ass quick stop on the trip on my way home, I burned the first tank about 140 miles... 6500 pound trailer doing 70 mph ... not the best mileage but i figured in the hills blasting 70 is why.. did the smae both ways... first tank home was 100% highway, when i switch it was more stop and go thats how i found this issue.. Im wondering if just very bad fuel? anyhow new pump coming anyhow!!

but im up for ideas if someone has seen this before!