idles but nothin else

countryboy

Reaction score
Hey I have a 6.2 in a 94 chev. It will start and idle but when ya hit the throttle it doesn't change any. Just stays at idle. I have took the top off the pump and poured in some berryman's B-12 and let it soak then tried it again and still no difference. I was hoping for a simple fix instead of rebuilding the pump. It used to run great in the truck the motor came out of but it has been sitting for a couple years. thanks in advanced....Jr:dunno

sootman73

Reaction score
did you check your throttle cable to see if thats not broken anywhere? i've seen cable gear shifters break before in the middle of the cable. you should be able to hear the pedal flop if you have the engine off and move the throttle lever back and forth on the pump. also have the engine running and move that lever with your hand. if nothing happens whn you move it its something inside the pump.

countryboy

Reaction score
Well let me explain...I just put the motor in around January 1st.
The cable is fine and when I move the throttle at the pump it does nothin.
I know its in the pump,but I was hoping that maybe there is a lever inside, or plunger that can be accessed from outside the pump that might sometimes stick.
I am probably gonna have to pull the pump. I haven't worked on it for a couple weeks. The mystery is that the pump was fine when it was in the old truck, but it had been sitting around for a good while!

Thanks anyway,Jr