idi timing

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
Gerryl,

To your point, every IDI owner owes it to themself to buy a Tech Time or other similar timing device the day they buy a IDI. To use themself or to lend to their mechanic. These trucks are very timing sensitive, but many a owner are not aware of that.

Too many shops and too many PO’s doing the butt dyno or sounds better method of timing their truck. Then new owners like you having to undo bad work on poor running IDI”s, often related to or directly from timing that is incorrct.

I have seen many threads of move your IP to the left or right. I cringe as the advice should be stop, set your timing, and then proceed. Prompting a timing appointment or buying a timing device. Fortunately the injection lines make it hard to move the timing much more than 2-4 degrees without loosening them, or I think you would see a lot more issues.

Lastly what I have yet to hear is multiple members saying ”darn I wish I had not bought a timing device“. Or “I made my truck run even worse when I set my timing correctly”.

Sounds like you found a nice truck and found a great deal from a PO who did not know (Or did not have a mechanic who knew.) how to fix it. So good for you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online