IDI is going to stay until further notice- need turbo

troupp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As it says, After thinking for months I'd head for the dark side, Ive concluded that I'm keeping my truck despite everything. So since boating season is approaching.... I need a turbo. Anybody know where the best deal is for a new kit, or an extremely complete used kit? I really dont care if its gated or not as I'm not looking to "race" to the lakes, but being able to pull some of the hills in more than 3rd gear would be nice.

Any "deals" thrown my way would be greatly appreciated. Just not looking for the "build your own" incomplete kits. I don't have the spare time for that project as I once thought I would.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
check the marketplace here.
$800 for a factory unit, totally complete.
Buy the bigger elbow and you're good to go.

seems like a deal to me, unless you are patient and get lucky at a junkyard.
most units I've seen recently any less than $800 are incomplete enough to not be worth my time.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can buy my complete 94 factory turbo motor with all the brackets and accessories for the serpentine belt for 2500.00.even comes with the 800 dollar ats garbage exhaust upgrade.has new injectors and pump,new GPs.needs valve cover gaskets and a water pump.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know where there is a COMPLETE kit for 1100.00 ats wg low miles on a rebuild.With downpipe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle