Ice Truckers on the History Channel

QRTRHRS

Reaction score
If you missed it or just want to see it again, tune in on the History Channel at 9pm EST. Do these guys have balls or what?

B

Big K

This about haulin' ice in the past, or haulin' on ice these days? Maybe about transporting diamonds LOL

Camstyn

hoser
Reaction score
In the Arctic they make highways over the frozen bodies of water.. Those guys had huge balls indeed!

You must be registered for see images

CumminsForMe

Reaction score
Ya they have big balls until they break through and hit the cold waterLOL :eek: then its adios! I think it would be fun to do it, ya maybe I am insane but thats life:D

Green Machine

Reaction score
We are getting ready to ship 8 10'x30' Stainless steel tanks. they have to be done buy April 15 so the truckers can get them across the Lakes buy driving on them. I saw the show about a year ago and its way Kool

Talltimber

Reaction score
In the old days we had big balls. It was kind of by guess or by "oshit" Nowdays they have the Ice Doctor go out and test the Ice before we build ice roads that are engineered to haul over (of course those engineers never had to stand out in the middle of the Artic Ocean and listen to the ice pop and crack while pulling a 4600 Manatowc to a drill site). Some of those roads are over land and some over the Artic Ocean. Thats kind of nice, as the loads sometimes exceed 1,000,000#. We lost several operators through the ice during the early years of building Americas oilfield in Prudhoe Bay AK. We haul everything from 350 ton cranes to the Sub-structure and related pieces of oilfield drill rigs over these ice roads. Some of the tractor/trailer combinations weigh 3 to 400,000# empty! Someday when I have time I will scan some photo's and see if this dumb old truck driver can figuare out how to get them uploaded.